Anyone checked out the new Atip from Hornady??

wildcat455

Nah. Let’s not delete it, let’s find a purpose for it.

What do you guys think the best cartridge for the 250 gr A-TIP will be?
I’m thinking it’ll be like 300 RUM, or 300 Lapua...
I don’t think the 300 PRC will move it fast enough. Not sure about the 300 Norma, either. Gonna need some twist to stabilize for sure. Wonder if 9 or 8.5 would be enough in the RUM or Lapua?

I might have to give that 6.5 mm 153 gr a go in my 264 Win Mag...

Sure are some attractive, sleek bullets!

shphtr

How about the 30 Sherman Magnum (aka improved 300 PRC) which chambering comes with an 8.5 twist.

johnnyk

I think the .300 RUM would be the perfect platform to launch that 250gn behemoth. That's quiet a chunk of metal but the RUM has the oven space, I believe. I do not have one, and have never really considered it, but now my mind is reasoning out the "necessity" to get one. Why do I do this? I've got problems! I need some "group therapy". ;)
On another note: my new Pac Nor barrel in .300WinMag (28", 9t, 5g) should be here by the END OF THE DAY! I have the Berger 215's with new Norma brass waiting for its arrival but I wonder about that 230gn and a hefty dose of that "Hen's teeth RL-26". The possibilities are exciting! I'm trying not to touch myself:rolleyes:

Deviant

Nah. Let’s not delete it, let’s find a purpose for it.

What do you guys think the best cartridge for the 250 gr A-TIP will be?
I’m thinking it’ll be like 300 RUM, or 300 Lapua...
I don’t think the 300 PRC will move it fast enough. Not sure about the 300 Norma, either. Gonna need some twist to stabilize for sure. Wonder if 9 or 8.5 would be enough in the RUM or Lapua?

I might have to give that 6.5 mm 153 gr a go in my 264 Win Mag...

Sure are some attractive, sleek bullets!
300 Norma Improved gets my vote. Probably have to build one now darn it.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce