Anyone checked out the new Atip from Hornady??

I can tell you that as of yesterday I was shooting the tightest groups that I have ever shot at 500 yards using the New A1 tips. This was using a pre 1992 Browning Bar type model made from 68 to 92. I think everyone should try these bullets and see for yourself. And you are correct they have ran a limited production before of the same type. Guys I'm not kidding these babies shot great precision. Actually it was the best precision that I have shot with this rifle. I'm going to try 800 yards just for the heck of it due to what they did at 500 yards. Then I think I am going to try them in my other rifles. Or at least purchase a good quantity of them for each caliber before they are sold out.
What weight were they?

6.5mm using 153 grains is what I shot this morning at 800 yds. Sorry I didn't take pics.
I used the last of what I had that were from the special edition using my 7mm mag several days ago they were 153 grains as well.
They offer 135 grain in 6.5 mm but I have not tried any of those yet.

Will be very interested to see the on game performance of these things. Hope someone shoots some hogs with them soon and posts the results.

No kidding I was thinking the same thing. I wish I had made a gelatin mold but I didn't have any left. I would love to hear what happens when they are shot into live game and see what occurs. If it is anything like the limited edition that came out several years ago they will do really well.

At the prices they're asking, I'm glad I made a bulk purchase of bullets last year. I can shoot what I have and watch bullet prices go thru the roof.

6.5mm using 153 grains is what I shot this morning at 800 yds. Sorry I didn't take pics.
I used the last of what I had that were from the special edition using my 7mm mag several days ago they were 153 grains as well.
They offer 135 grain in 6.5 mm but I have not tried any of those yet.
153 in 7mm? No wonder they aren't to market yet, that's not even close what people will want. 180-195 is where it's at.

Those were from a limited edition that came out a couple of years ago for the 7mag. I am out now. The 6.5mm is what I was shooting at 800 yds and they were 153 also. They don't have a lot to chop from right now. I hope that changes soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.