Anyone checked out the new Atip from Hornady??

Mach 1

The advertising hype surronding this bullet is a joke, just like the 6.5 creed hype. At around $.75 a piece I think I will spend more and buy some turned pills if I want the high bc and long range accuracy.

NEMTHunter

Broz has a 300hcm build going. Somewhere around 150gr case capacity. They're hoping for around 3200fps with the 250.
I think its closer to 139 or 140 grains of H2O. Its 2 grains more them my big 30 cal.

Samplord has a .300 thats bigger then both of them @ 142 grains H2O.

Gord0

I think its closer to 139 or 140 grains of H2O. Its 2 grains more them my big 30 cal.

Samplord has a .300 thats bigger then both of them @ 142 grains H2O.
I believe he has it posted on FB, I just knew it was somewhere near 150. Either way, it's a hell of a lot of powder behind a 30!

NEMTHunter

I believe he has it posted on FB, I just knew it was somewhere near 150. Either way, it's a hell of a lot of powder behind a 30!
Yes its also on his thread @ LRO

Good case capacity for sure!

I am running 120 to 122 H50BMG behind the Berger 230 and 230SMK. Testing US869 now. Can get more in and should pick up speed to above 3420 with the 230smk Should time will tell.

WYO300RUM

I think the .300 RUM would be the perfect platform to launch that 250gn behemoth. That's quiet a chunk of metal but the RUM has the oven space, I believe. I do not have one, and have never really considered it, but now my mind is reasoning out the "necessity" to get one. Why do I do this? I've got problems! I need some "group therapy". ;)
On another note: my new Pac Nor barrel in .300WinMag (28", 9t, 5g) should be here by the END OF THE DAY! I have the Berger 215's with new Norma brass waiting for its arrival but I wonder about that 230gn and a hefty dose of that "Hen's teeth RL-26". The possibilities are exciting! I'm trying not to touch myself:rolleyes:
LMAO !

NEMTHunter

NEMTHunter, what’s yours based off of?
416 Rigby. That was before the .338 HCM or 33XC was out there. If they would have been out there I would have gone that rout. A lot less forming work and better brass and a little more capacity.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce