Anyone tried Chinchaga Bullets?

Bryan Litz has tested the Chinchaga bullets I sent to him and these are the results ......
both Dale Janzen and I thank him for taking the time out of his busy schedule and doing this, It is very much appreciated ......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 503
Those B.C numbers seem...low for the design and weight of those bullets.

They seem low for their weight because of the design. Bullets of that design, while very accurate, have quite high form factors. In many cases the G7 form factor is 1.0 or higher.

The BC haven't improved since the first time I saw that design bullet 10+ years ago, none the less it's nice to work with good numbers and I'm always much more game to buy bullets that have a real BC number to them!!

A lot of us are wildeyed about higher bc numbers (myself included) but in reality a big percentage will never utilize the extreme bc's we demand in most of our hunts unless we dedicate ourselves to strategically set up for ELR shots on game every time . Truth is, very few have that kind of time and $$ for such specialized hunts and take game at "opportunity knocks" distances .....

But it never hurts to be all set up and ready !

When we submitted these bullets for testing we understood the outcome may not be as thrilling as the software generated bc's others were joyfully tossing around , for Chinchaga Bullets reality is far more attractive than fantasy

Hello Swamplord, I will be in the US for next 20 days. Where could I order a box or two of 338 300 gr chinchaga bullets?
Thanks in advance.

Directly from Chinchaga Bullets in Alberta, Canada .......

No website yet but you can find them on Facebook

you can call or Email Dale Janzen for more info on available stock and to place an order

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 113
Hey swamp lord I also have no Facebook but do you have any info on the 425gr .375?
I want a larger than 350gr lead Bullet for my soon to be done 375 AM. Any idea on the BC for that bullet or other offerings in that cal. It's obviously a long range rig so I was hoping to best the 350 GR smk with something a bit heavier. Any info would be great thanks you.

Last I spoke to the owner Dale Janzen he was going to submit his 3 bullets in 375 cal to Bryan Litz for bc testing ... When the results come in I'll post them here ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 128
Will be shooting the 375 cal Chinchaga 325 gr in the 375 PRO, 375 gr in the 375 Mjolnir and the 435 gr in the 375 Mercenary soon after I'm done testing the 325 gr 338 cal in the 338 PRO and 338 Wolverine with RL33 and N570

Attachments

• 338 Wolverine-3.jpg
    338 Wolverine-3.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
there was a reason for the three different weights in the 375 caliber Chinchaga Steel Tip lead core jacketed bullets........ not too long ago we had a lively discussion here on this forum on what weight bullets in 375 caliber manufacturers should bring to the public for long range hunting purposes ...... I did everything possible to get something happening, lost some money along the way to a low life con man, went a different route and ended up with a far more respectable and reputable source to produce the bullets I envisioned and even convinced him to make heavier 338 caliber bullets..... Dale Janzen at Chinchaga Bullets has been an absolutely amazing gentleman to work with and the results speak for themselves........ so far only Chinchaga Bullets along with Cutting Edge and Hammer Bullets have stepped up to the plate with bullet weights that were requested most.... my work with the Chinchaga bullets in 308 and 338 calibers has shown they are extremely accurate and fully capable of smashing big game in their tracks at close to mid range, judging from the expansion on water jugs at 50 yards and on moose at 60 and 200 yards they will certainly expand and wipe out any North American big game animal out to and beyond 1000 yards..........

I've pumped Barnes, Berger, Nosler, Sierra, Swift, Winchester, Remington, Combined Technology, Hornady, Cutting Edge and Chinchaga bullets into moose and bear thus far and will try to plug and perforate some more black bear hides soon with Chinchaga bullets, have brownie tag in hand as well..... much work to do before the hunt though ........ spring bear season is coming fast and I have a couple boxes of goodies I'm testing to plug 'em with....

Attachments

• 375 Mercenary vs 375 Mjolnir vs 375 Pro.jpg
    375 Mercenary vs 375 Mjolnir vs 375 Pro.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 375 Mjolnir vs 338 Wolverine-2a.jpg
    375 Mjolnir vs 338 Wolverine-2a.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 167