Anyone tried Chinchaga Bullets?

3150 fps is my final load (155 gr of RL50) with the 30", same load in the 36" is closer to 3250.
What I posted in response #63 in this thread:
So back home I smacked a whitetail buck at over 400 yards with a quartering to shot that impacted right at the front shoulder/neck junction. About took the shoulder and leg off. Left a hole I could run my fist into and penetrated a little over a foot. The bullet came apart, only found one piece that may have been 150 grains.

Moved exactly 2 feet, straight down. 6000'ish ft lbs absorbed will kinda do that to ya. Almost got it on video, self filmed. He was dogging a doe, I got the camera (phone through spotter) on him and he moved out of frame in the few seconds it took me to get the rifle on him.
I'm betting these things will expand down to some low'ish velocity and be good on game at some really long ranges. It acted like a very large varmint bullet, and that deer was it's woodchuck.:D Not totally unlike some Bergers I've hit large game with at close range. Another reason why I'd like to try the 435's, a bit more shank to maybe hold it together. Or at least have bigger fragments.

Nothing terminal but just had a new barrel put on the 33XC and couldn't get Bergers, Matchkings, Custom Comps, Accubond Long Range, or ELDM to shoot consistently under an inch at 100. Tried the 300 grain Chinchaga and under half inch first try. Gonna have to order more as I only have about 10 left…😬

Nothing terminal but just had a new barrel put on the 33XC and couldn't get Bergers, Matchkings, Custom Comps, Accubond Long Range, or ELDM to shoot consistently under an inch at 100. Tried the 300 grain Chinchaga and under half inch first try. Gonna have to order more as I only have about 10 left…😬
Be glad to hear how you make out on the terminal side. I'm thinking the big heavies is where it'll shine - not so much on the light and fast...

I saw some 311 steel tips offered by Chinchaga. Not sure if they still offer these but they look **** good. Pretty identical to the ATips.

I remember looking at these for my .375 and can't remember who posted some moose and other critters shot they seemed to work pretty good.
Bravo have you tried cutting edge or hammer,
I'm sure that would make it a single feed though. If for hunting the hammers are nice and always shoot just give up some bc. The lasers have great bc. If I remember the 400gr I use had better tested bc than the 435 chinchinga. Just turned my repeater into a single shoot. Please post results of how the bc is for you cause I'd would love to give the 435gr Another go.

Northkill:
After my experience with the bigger .375, I would want heavy for caliber in a lesser caliber. Unless your thing is really rapid expansion (or fragmentation).

VLD Pilot:
The A-Tips are built more for increased BC, and so far it has proven to be substantially more. Below is a picture of a 375 grain Chinchaga (L) and a 390 A-Tip (R).

Snox801:
It was probably swamplord that you had read about with the moose and Chinchagas. I have tried CE & Hammer, but the CE are really expensive and the Hammers (tried several versions, not cheap either) shot great up until about 1200 yards and then I couldn't get them to stay consistent. This was with 10" & 8" twist barrels. Hammer bullets are one of my favorite hunting bullets, just didn't do what I wanted in this rifle. As you know the 400 grain CE will have a much better BC than the 435 Chinchaga, probably more of match BC wise with the 350 CE Lazers. I had been waiting for the 390 grain A-Tips to come out for the past year and a half. Hoping they will prove to be a reliable ELR target and a really long range hunting projectile. So far only shot them out to 1500 with ok results. I need to do some tweaking on the load as it was more of an ES/SD thing and not the bullet, it'll do under 1/2 moa at close range.

BB7C6BEF-5387-4CDC-9421-3DEDEB6A825B.jpeg

That's exactly what I was thinking with the atip.
Steve at hammer actually steered me away from his for the same reason. Gotta respect that. Been having great luck with the lasers.
For me the cost wasn't an issue because if that was the issue I would not have bought and allen mag. It was my dream long range rifle so I didn't want to spare money hindsight I spent way to much for a rifle I shout 3-4 time a year. Anyway I really need to try out the atip.

That's exactly what I was thinking with the atip.
Steve at hammer actually steered me away from his for the same reason. Gotta respect that. Been having great luck with the lasers.
For me the cost wasn't an issue because if that was the issue I would not have bought and allen mag. It was my dream long range rifle so I didn't want to spare money hindsight I spent way to much for a rifle I shout 3-4 time a year. Anyway I really need to try out the atip.
300 ATips shoot great for me. Can't say that they shoot flatter or better than the Berger 300s tho.