Anyone tried GS Custom bullets?....

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by MikeW, Jan 6, 2002.

1. MikeW

MikeW Well-Known Member

The HV bullets look interseting. They have
    some stories on the web page about taking
    Antelope sized game with 40 grain bullets
    in a 220 Swift. I don't know seems like they
    would just drill a hole right though the animal. Anyone tried these on game animals?
    http://gscustom.co.za/

2. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I know everybody here loves their MatchKings, [​IMG] but I'm a controlled expansion freak.

They have a really high BC for a given caliber/weight, they are supposed to be very accurate, you're supposed to be able to get more velocity out of them...and they should perform somewhat like an X bullet after impact. Sounds good to me!

I've been thinking of giving the .30 cal 160's a try to see how they'll shoot. They have about the same BC as the 180 MK's.

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Very preliminary report. I was lent 25 GS bullets by a friend from this forum --- Vince Foster --- (while waiting for my first delivery from South Africa).

7mm Dakota, 130 grain HV bullet from GS Custom. After working up to pressure I shot 9 bullets for record at 500 yards. Result was 9 bullets into 3.5 inches vertical. When my shipment arrives I'll try varying powder and seating depth.

At the end of my shooting session I noticed pretty significant parallax on my Nightforce NXS scope which skews my results somewhat. The temperature was around 23 degrees. Coldest I've ever shot at targets in. Anyone else ever experience a sticky parallax adjustment situation with a target scope in cold weather?

4. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Len.

5. Bill

Bill Member

Those GS bullets take some time. I ordered a bunch from Gerard about 11 weeks ago and I am still waiting.