Anyone shooting shorter barrelled suppressed?

I have a 16.5" 300 WSM and a
15" .223AI (with a pinned ASR adapter making it 16.5")

Both shoot lights out! The 300 WSM shoots a 185gr bergers at 2750FPS and also shoots subsonic very well!
Lots of people have question going with the 300 WSM over the .308 with such a short barrel, but im getting .308 26" barrel speeds out of a very short package.
IMG_3521.JPG

They are what they are. I have a Bergara B14 Ridge in 6.5 I stuck together for my kids to shoot. Great gun, and caliber for what it is, both smoked doe whitetail this year on youth hunting day in Va.

I had a 7-08 Encore cut to 16.25", threaded for a suppressor and an AI reamer run in it. It's by far my favorite hunting gun right now.

Last year I fire formed with 162's eldx and this year I am running 140BT.

What velocities do you get out of that gun?

I'm considering a rebarrel on my 700 to a 16"-18" 7-08

The 6.5 PRC in the bipod is still going through a break in process. Haven't run it through a crono yet but I'm hoping to get somewhere in the 2800 MV range with the 20 inch proof research barrel. Factory ammo states 2980MV out of a 24 inch barrel so we will see what the 20 inch does.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts