Compact Suppressed Build cartridge?

My thoughts about suppressors....... I've had the best luck with direct-thread units. The quick-connect units are on pretty coarse threads and can affect the zero. Screw that thing on there good and tight and only remove it when necessary to clean the bore. As for accuracy, I'm not sure any one brand is better than another, as long as it's stable and consistent.

In practical terms, they increase accuracy tremendously as they make it easier to not flinch and they eliminate most of the muzzle blast (which IMO is a big part of perceived recoil). The effect on game is also pretty fun. My daughter shot a mulie buck a few years back and the others in the herd didn't even look up from feeding. They only ran away when we hiked up there.

POI and accuracy for my rifle was exactly the same with and without the can. That isn't always the case and sometimes a different load will be needed to make it shoot well.

My thoughts about suppressors....... I've had the best luck with direct-thread units. The quick-connect units are on pretty coarse threads and can affect the zero. Screw that thing on there good and tight and only remove it when necessary to clean the bore. As for accuracy, I'm not sure any one brand is better than another, as long as it's stable and consistent.

In practical terms, they increase accuracy tremendously as they make it easier to not flinch and they eliminate most of the muzzle blast (which IMO is a big part of perceived recoil). The effect on game is also pretty fun. My daughter shot a mulie buck a few years back and the others in the herd didn't even look up from feeding. They only ran away when we hiked up there.

POI and accuracy for my rifle was exactly the same with and without the can. That isn't always the case and sometimes a different load will be needed to make it shoot well.

And that's with a TBAC 5 on a 300 win? Would the 7 or 9 be better if n a magnum?

There was a thread about direct thread vs quick disconnect not too long ago. I direct thread mine per manufacturer's recommendation without any problem. I agree with your assessment regarding the accuracy concern from varying brands.

As far as change POI with and without a suppressor, only one of my rifles has a drastic change in POI. My factory 6.5 CM with factory ammo entirely missed the target at 200 yards; elevation was good but windage was ~5-6" to the right with the suppressor on.

I dunno. It's long enough with the 5. I think the 7 or 9 would be quieter, but also heavier and it really throws off the balance of the rifle.

I put a SiCo harvester on a kimber Adirondack 308 and it is my favorite everything rifle. i hunt with 165 AB's but with 200 gr. subs i can hear the firing pin impact the primer.

I was looking at this test-

They sell the Banish 30 (was Varminter 4.0) on that site. Is It coincidence it was the best or did they start selling because it was good?

anyone have one? How's accuracy?

Not a rem700 but the desert trch srs a2 is about as good as it gets for compact and the barrel options are endless!!

Attachments

• 46DF4220-98A7-4B54-9D0B-B96786DEF09D.jpeg
    46DF4220-98A7-4B54-9D0B-B96786DEF09D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
There was a lengthy thread about this already last week, While I think the short barrel 308 is great you do have to be on your game at 600 yards and as was discussed in the previous said thread there are better choices such as the 300WSM, I will say in my personal experience that the 308 is the least sensitive to barrel length and that's why it's my favorite short barrel suppressed platform, I do form 1's and build my own cans, I have shot them on a 300 RUM with no problems for what its worth

Yep, I remember that and was part of it too. I am glad the OP decided on a better choice. IIRC, one poster got offended. Nonetheless, it was fun. ;)

Lol, I remember now, yeah some feelings got hurt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts