Enjoyable elk cartridges suppressed

Nothing wrong with a .308, load it with good bullets like a partition or x-bullet and go enjoy your hunting, As long as you do your part the 30 cal bullet will do it's...keep your ranges within reason and no animal will ever know which casing sent the same bullet...

Nothing wrong with a .308, load it with good bullets like a partition or x-bullet and go enjoy your hunting, As long as you do your part the 30 cal bullet will do it's...keep your ranges within reason and no animal will ever know which casing sent the same bullet...
That's true but of course, more velocity and energy allow us to extend our hunting ranges and a bigger margin for error.

We could all go back to killing them with pointy sticks if we had to but then that would kind of defeat the whole purpose for which this website exists.

I've got an omega on a 26" 300wm. It's awesome with can on. Recoil is very little and shooting without muffs is comfortable. Package is just too long.

I've got an omega on a 26" 300wm. It's awesome with can on. Recoil is very little and shooting without muffs is comfortable. Package is just too long.
I know what you mean. The suppressor I use/keep in Africa adds about 10" to the rifles and when you start with a 26" barrel that makes for a total package that is pretty impractical when trying to slip around quietly in the bush.

There are some pretty innovative designs that have most of their length taken up behind the muzzle but there are still some bugs that have to be worked out with them.

With more states though legalizing suppressed hunting rifles the next decade or so is going to be very interesting.

I've got a threaded Remington 700 in 300WM (85508) with a McCann rail and a Nightforce NXS 5-25x56 scope. I use either my SWF .30 cal suppressor or my .338 Silerencerco Big Bore suppressor on it. The recoil is very manageable and the noise reductions is impressive.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.