Anyone been shooting

Yeah I've struggled with that for years. 3 miles to my range, same distance to public lands. But the convenience and added safety keeps me renewing my membership. I could hang targets out to 600 yards but that seems pretty boring. I have steel out to that distance but i want to shoot farther out. Decisions, decisions.........
My range is great this is a highly sought after membership it can take up to two years on the waiting list to become a member but between components being rare to find and not wanting to shoot up all the ones I have and it is also a 2 Hour Dr. each way to my range makes a decision even tougher

Last weekend I shot a lot! Broke in two new barrels, sighted in three new ARs, helped my niece shoot a bunch of scary black guns, did load work on my 280 AI and blasted 53 prairie dogs with my 6.5 Creedmoor. It doesn't get much better than that.
Fun times, especially the prairie dog work! What load development did you do on the 280AI? I have one too.
Don

Been shooting every weekend! Private range very close and public 45 minutes away. Private goes out to 950 yards (sometimes 1,850) and public 1,450.
Working .308 load for daughters Kimber Hunter out to 400 yards with 124g Hammer Hunters.
Working new load for .338 LM with RL33 over 300g SMK's (new to RL33)
Shooting squirrels with .204 Ruger
Verifying zero on a few others
Sprinkling in a little with new G48 topped with Shield optic
Been flinging sticks because archery buck opened last Saturday
Be shooting my MPA 6.5 CM for a few days of training soon.

Been very fortunate lately and life is good, hope all are doing well.

Shane.

Also, Brownell's has H4831 SC right now for you 280AI fans!

I shoot at least once a week. I've been working on subsonic 300 blackout and 357 mag loads, prepping for two new cans in ATF jail. 220grn over AA1680, 180grn over H110, and for the 357 158grn over green dot.

I've also been moving around some scopes to put better ones on favorite hunting rifles in prep for deer season. I have a Rem XCR in 280 in an adjustable mcmillan that I have begun to really love, decided it needed a Swarovski for example.

My range is great this is a highly sought after membership it can take up to two years on the waiting list to become a member but between components being rare to find and not wanting to shoot up all the ones I have and it is also a 2 Hour Dr. each way to my range makes a decision even tougher
Yeah that would be tough to give up. I'm lucky because I have steel out to 800 yards at my range. But the 750-1226 steel is on some dry grass right now. 550 yard steel is on dirt so pretty safe. I can hang paper targets out to 550-600 yards. If I go out to public lands I have to be careful of starting fires and open range cattle. However I could shoot past a mile easy.

Thumbs up is good, but tell me if your shooting
I bought some land for the sole purpose of shooting, so yes. We will be shooting a lot. It's fun building the site out and planning for some private matches with the long range field shooting community around here. We need more places to shoot with like minded folks. Gonna be a fun project.

I bet we shoot at the same range. It's between 2-2 1/2 hours one way for us also. My son has gotten to shoot only two matches this year. He wound up winnings the 1000 yard match a few weeks ago and he's chomping at the bit to go back.

Fun times, especially the prairie dog work! What load development did you do on the 280AI? I have one too.
Don
I am switching from 180 hybrid to a 162 ELDM. So I was doing a OCW test. Unfortunately I didn't load a powder charge high enough to find any form of pressure. This Peterson brass is tuff stuff and my charges weren't all that high. I will load up some more rounds in .3 increments and see where that gets me.