Any recent preferred barrel blanks reports?

Did you request a short or no freebore? Are you handloading or using factory ammo? If that has normal throat angles I'd think you'd be jamming hard with factory ammo.

How is it shooting?

Did you request a short or no freebore? Are you handloading or using factory ammo? If that has normal throat angles I'd think you'd be jamming hard with factory ammo.

How is it shooting?
.180 freebore is what is engraved on the barrel. I didn't request a specific FB.
Handload: Alpha SRP, CCI450,103ELD, H4350 @39g. Only 50 rounds do far. Once I shoot all 100pieces , the brass and barrel should be good to go for proper load development. Plan to test 8-10 powders, find max then back off a .5-.7 gr, then with 5 shots each and see if the gun prefers one powder over another.

Attachments

• IMG_5400.jpeg
    IMG_5400.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 16
.180 freebore is what is engraved on the barrel. I didn't request a specific FB.
Handload: Alpha SRP, CCI450,103ELD, H4350 @39g. Only 50 rounds do far. Once I shoot all 100pieces , the brass and barrel should be good to go for proper load development. Plan to test 8-10 powders, find max then back off a .5-.7 gr, then with 5 shots each and see if the gun prefers one powder over another.

What contour did you go with?

Seems like that jacked up part of your lands is like that because it's supposed to be freebore and the reamer either isn't cutting it wide enough or the groove dimension is over spec.

Looks like it's shooting ok though.

I have 2- 308s, 1-6mm Creedmoor, 1- 300WSM and a 270WSM I just finished. Both 308's and the 6 Creedmoor shoot sub 1/2 moa if I do my part. The 300 is very promising but is not fully broke in yet and the 270 WSM I just finished and have not shot yet. I've been very happy with all the ones I've bought and shot through break in and load development.

308 with .810 straight taper/18", 5 shot group
71779507507__207C3BEC-47D5-49BF-8E40-DFD5715A0962.jpeg

IMG_0800.jpeg

270WSM long action, 22" CF, .200 total freebore.

IMG_2020.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got no less than 5 (off the top of my head) pipes from them and I haven't had any issues.
18" 22 Creed
18" 6 Creed
25" 25 Creed
7" 300 Blk
24" 22 LR

This one is my 18" 22 Creed - 64 TGK at 3420fps

22CreedTarget.jpg22creed.jpg

This one is my 25" 25 Creed - 135 Berger Hybrid at 3000fps
25CREED3.jpg
25CREED.jpg

This one was an 18" 6 Creed at 300yds - 115 Dtac at 2850fps
Screenshot_20220325-184745_Range Buddy.jpg
In the Magpul Chassis
20220321_232431~2.jpg
In the Cadex Chassis
FB_IMG_1642653248342.jpg

Just seeing this thread. I have exactly one preferred barrel. It has a huge gouge in the rifling that grabs pieces of cotton patches and leaves cotton in the barrel. Even with that I'd still give them a try again. Their customer service was great. Said they'd replace the barrel blank at no cost. There lies the issue. The company I bought the barrel from are the ones that chambered it. So I could get a blank, but then have to pay again to chamber. The company, who is a site supporter so can't name, told me tough luck. Said that's the gamble I take with ordering a preferred instead of a Bartlein. Left such a sower taste in my mouth I haven't shot the gun since. Who knows, it may be a tack driver??

Attachments

• IMG_9953.jpeg
    IMG_9953.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9954.png
    IMG_9954.png
    305.5 KB · Views: 49
Just seeing this thread. I have exactly one preferred barrel. It has a huge gouge in the rifling that grabs pieces of cotton patches and leaves cotton in the barrel. Even with that I'd still give them a try again. Their customer service was great. Said they'd replace the barrel blank at no cost. There lies the issue. The company I bought the barrel from are the ones that chambered it. So I could get a blank, but then have to pay again to chamber. The company, who is a site supporter so can't name, told me tough luck. Said that's the gamble I take with ordering a preferred instead of a Bartlein. Left such a sower taste in my mouth I haven't shot the gun since. Who knows, it may be a tack driver??
Why can't you mention a LRH "site supporter"? That's different than a "site sponsor". I bet if you sent it in to PBB Bryce would get it handled for you!

Where is the gouge? Near the chamber or the muzzle or in the middle?