Any recent preferred barrel blanks reports?

Lots of good results over on snipers hide. Ive got a 300prc that was grouping .75 at 180yds(furthest shot I have in the back yard) with factory eldx. I also have a 7prc and 6 creed that I'm getting ready to start load development for.

These have all be shouldered prefits for ARC coup de grace builds.

I have two of them, both are 750 Taperless barrels, on in 6.5 PRC and another in 6mm Creed. The PRC and Creed went through a simple barrel break in, and yesterday after several weeks of not shooting it, took the PRC out and this is the first three shots using Hornady 143gr ELDX factory ammo. Just imagine what it could do with a formal load workup using 140 Berger's or 156 Berger's.

IMG_20240308_162156184.jpg

I got one back in September. It is a shouldered prefit for a Tikka aciton. Chambered in 338 Sherman Mega. 21.5", light Palma contour, spiral fluted, muzzle threaded 5/8-24.

It headspaced perfectly and shoots really well.

Here is a pic of the gun and a representative group with a load that it likes. Loads it doesn't like are only about 2-3X bigger than this. I have been able to find loads that shoot like this with both the 225 Nosler BTs and the 250 grain Nosler BTs. Doing load development now with some 250 grain Lapua Scenars and some 270 grain ELD-X.

IMG_0106.jpeg
IMG_3287.jpg

I had a 6.5cm barrel for an origin action spun up for me in December. I never got a chance to shoot it. Waited 12 weeks for it to arrive and found a deal on a new proof prefit during that time. I sold it for $150 less than what I paid and it was still new wrapped in shrink wrap. I can't tell you how it shot, but I can tell you the resale value on them is terrible

The one thing I remembered today when I torqued my barrel onto my action is that the caliber and twist inscription is upside down when the barrel is torqued. Kind of bothers me a little inside 😅

I'm far from a gunsmith, but it seems that with a headspaced barrel it would be easy to tell where it was going to end up.

The rest seems good so far.

Recent Posts