my recent best 1000y group

Savagebien

I was shooting my Savage .243, a great gun that i've learned to shoot LR with.

my1000ybest.jpg

wind was blowing at right around 17mph. i had 11moa of windage dialed for the 4 shots , love this savage!

ya, its a great round, been good to me, probly gonna go with a 6br barrel next!

And you won't be disappointed. The 6BR is extremely accurate.....but that isn't news to anyone. I had a custom 243 first, then switched to the 6BR. Everyone that shoots my 6BR for the first time just turns around with a smile on their face. Case in point, I let the owner of the company I work for shoot my BR this past week. He had never shot a custom rifle before. To make a long story short, he was busting 4" clays with ease at 300 for the first time...and was happy. :D

I know that is no great feat, but I always enjoying watching "newbies" to the custom world shoot.

TXLR

just curious what kind of loads r u loading for ur 243 i just purchased one , looking for target LR and different hunting loads, any suggestions would be great thanks

i havent tried berger or barnes for this gun i'll stay with this bullet for the rest of this barrel, the scope is a bushnell 4200 6-24x50 tactical.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.