Any issues using Federal Primers?

I have been using CCI, Remington and Winchester off and on. But I have been using Federal primers in my 300 Win Mag for nearly 30 years and have never had a problem. I hope to find more Fed 215's before I open my last brick. I know they won't be $7.35 a brick like the ones I still use.
Cannot beat Federal primers, large or small.

I've always CCI for the most part, but these days you have to use what you can find. Any reason to stay away from Federal? Thanks!
Just before the quarantine and the subsequent short supply of parts, I was trying to build up some primers and bullets. Cci were preferred, for storage reasons. All I could find were federal in good supply, so I bought several thousand. I have been super happy with them and due to the scarcity have used my left over stores of CCI to trade for bullets. I've not found much difference in them. I feel that Cci seem to have a tougher build, and federal a little softer. Not sure what that means in the overall scheme of things, but the federal take less pressure to get them totally seated in the pockets. One of my rifles is light striking and prefers the federal as well. You won't be disappointed. They are both consistent and both go boom.

I've always CCI for the most part, but these days you have tod.

I've always CCI for the most part, but these days you have to use what you can find. Any reason to stay away from Federal? Thanks!
Yep it would save more for me 😂😂😂 I've been a fan for federal primers for years and it's the primer of choice especially with my striker fired pistol ammo, it's a little softer of thinner (whatever)and I just have fewer misfires with striker fired pistols but i also use it in all my rifle and shotgun ammo and have for several years, buy all of them you can get I don't think you'll be disappointed

Recent Posts