federal 215 primers vs cci

I just switched over from the CCI to Federal as they seem to be cheaper and easier to find. I also had a batch of CCI that out of 100 primers 15 didn't go off. Pretty ****** to pull the trigger and not know if its going to go off. They were an older batch so that prob was the reason, but scared me enough to switch.

Most of my loads that worked with one worked with the other, loads that didn't like one didn't like the other, 215M on the other hand, I get those when ever I can. But at the end of the day it's what ever primer works for that load the best regardless of brand.

I have been using CCI since 1970 and never had one not fire. I bought a brick of the Federals a couple of years ago and had 3 not go off out of the first 100 so I gave them to a buddy who hasn't had any problem with them since. I guess it is the luck of the draw.

joseph

cci 250, WLRM, rem9.5- i can use interchangeably. GM 215 -higher velocity, higher pressure, higher ES. in the loads i shot from my 7mm rem mag.

tests done by norma ballistician showed the 215 Much more consistent at below 0 temps in 300wm than any of the others.

Back from the dead...
1645717270322.png

Used Federals for 40 years. Had a few CCI's not go off on a hot day in a pistol match in 1979 and switched to Federals the next day. Have never had an issue since then. Maybe a fluke but just my $.02