Any bullet other than Nosler

between exceptional accuracy and terminal performance I'll be sticking with accubonds as long as I can find and afford them.
Speer Impacts are not cup n core. They're bonded. Norma bondstrike are also bonded, and very good bullets. Then there's the swift a-frames, which are probably the toughest bullet anywhere. Some people say too tough, but I dunno about that.

Nosler does have 6.5 and .284 ballistic tips in stock. There's other options out there for deer but I think the ballistic tips are one of the best and easy to find an accurate load.
If a gun won't group with a Nosler Ballistic tip there is a problem with it, or the optics.
It's been the accuracy standard in "hunting bullets" for me, for a loooong time. Like since the Solid Base was discontinued..!

I am done looking for Nosler Accubonds I really like the nosler but I'm ready to move on to something that is some what available at some point Loading for 6.5 prc and 7 mag 140-160 gr mainly deer hunting 500 600 yd max
As luck would have it I just got an email from SPS listing 6.5 and 7mm BT's, AB's, and ABLR's on there lol.

My guess is there are more "shooters" out there now than reloaders. So they get more orders for ammo than bags of bullets. Any business model that wants to stay in business is going to prioritize their sales to where the market is going to spend it's money.

Last edited:
If I could just find the .338 Accubond in 250 grain. I may disagree with their marketing strategy, but I don't own the company or even stocks in the company. The 250 grain .338 puts the first rounds in the same hole @ 100 yards consistently. When I find some on the shelf I will probably pay too much. In the mean time Hornady ELD-X will keep me content shooting at steel. Que sera sera.
Glad I posted here. I was tagged in to a post selling 250 grain .338 Accubonds. Just bought them. If I never mentioned it before I enjoy this forum. Thank you cooperjd and bakpakr.

I bought 2 boxes of the .257 interbond for my 25-06. Wasted a whole box trying to find a load that would shoot 1" or less. Couldn't find a load, and the other box is sitting on my shelf where it's gonna stay. Wasted a lot of time, powder, and primers for naught. I'm so done with Hornady. Same with Hammers. They won't shoot for crap outta my 1-8 twist 25-06 Hart barrel.
Hornady tipped pills are that way. Either a barrel will like them or you will fight until you are out of bullets or patience. I was about there with the 30 cal. 200 eld-x and 7mm 175 eld-x then lightning struck twice and I found loads in my 300win and 7rum for them. I probably shot 200 or the 30 cals and north of a box of 7mm without much luck at all...

If a gun won't group with a Nosler Ballistic tip there is a problem with it, or the optics.
It's been the accuracy standard in "hunting bullets" for me, for a loooong time. Like since the Solid Base was discontinued..!
Nosler bt's and accubombs are good pills, but they aren't all that and a box of chocolates. There are other very good pills out there... I'll run Hornady and Sierra right along Nosler. I'm diving back into Speer a good bit too. I'm not really a Berger fan, but given enough weight to slow things down so they don't bomb they will work fine. Some of the import stuff like Norma can hang ten with Nosler too.
As to the solid base, I've never had a lot of luck with them, but they were being phased out for the bt about the time I really got into loading. I have 1 box of 30 cal. 180's I'll have to run through my 30-06 when I'm bored as that rifle really doesn't need much l.d. to group well. Until then, they simply hold the bench down along with thousands of other bullets.

That sold me!
I shoot mostly 30 caliber and Grafs has 190 gr in stock. I may have to order a couple of boxes to try.

Edit to say:Just ordered 2 boxes of Hornady 190 gr CX bullets from Grafs.
They had some 30 cal 165 gr Interbond bullets at 73.00 per box.Did not look to see if 50 count or 100 count.No 180 gr
Interbonds come in 100ct boxes, CX comes in 50ct

110 grain is the only offering in 25 cal. I really wanted them to shoot good, but they just wouldn't do it. The hammers were 116 grain. They shot 3/4" and less at a hundred. At 200, best I could do was 3 1/2" for 3 shot groups.
That tends to be a problem with bonded bullets I think. I've had a hard time getting Accubonds, Interbonds and sciroccos to shoot accurately out of my rifles, but when they shoot fine, they're great pills!!