Any bullet other than Nosler

They're different bullets. The InterLocks only have a "locking ring" in the jacket whereas the InterBonds are a true bonded bullet. Looking at Hornady's website, it doesn't look like they make any bonded bullets anymore.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't keep up much with a lot of the newer bullets as I do just fine with the bullets I've used for years.

They have the tooling to make them but they told me in an email that Interbonds were too difficult to make as they had to run through the line multiple times to complete an interbond bullet but they were working on a replacement bullet that was much easier to make.
I mentioned in post #55 that I expect that bullet to be the CX bullet and they are out now.I have some on order and expect them to be here mid week 4-25- 4-28.Others posted that they have had great success with them already.
I like Hammers but I do like choices
Thanks Red. I see CX's here a lot. Haven't used them.

Like my friends from NAAC stated above, swift scirocco's are a favorite of mine for many calibers - they've loaded some for me in my prc work great. I use swift in my weatherby calibers with higher velocities i've seen some issues with accubond and eld-x rounds coming apart. Partitions are another good choice, but again if i can find them i like swift and use a-frames as well for larger plains game hunting we do.

Non weatherby calibers i've tried terminal ascent, like those (used in 7mm rem).

Barnes and Hammers are another good choice.

Not knocking accubonds i have loaded ammo in some of our rifles and they work, will shoot till they are gone with confidence. Availability and cost have just gone crazy, the market on those things were gobbled up and the resale is stupid. Wish supply/demand would get back to normal for everything not just ammo and gun related topics! :)
Swift sciroccos are probably my favorite bullet, closely followed by the a-frame. I've ran 100 grain sciroccos through my 25-06 and the 130 grain through my 264 win mag through my unprofessional water jug test, and in both cases, at a hundred yards, I ended up finding them in the 5th or 6th jug, and retained 90% or better of original weight. Oh yeah. Also run the 210 grain through my 338 RCM, but haven't done the milk jug test, but in all cases, the accuracy was generally in the 3/4" range.

Nosler have been my go to bullet for a great many years. I changed in the 70's and stay with them. Now they are very hard to find. The only problem is my barrels are slow twist and all copper bullets to work as good. If I have anything built anymore it's with a faster twist rate to handle the copper bullets. The other is I am not sure if that will rules out the lead core/copper bullets in faster twist barrels?
Nosler seem to be more towards there rifles and ammo for them, than the bullets for us.
Now that copper bullets are at a buck each, everybody has moved there bullets even being lead copper make up to the same prices. I guess they thing we are stupid.

Does Hornady still make Interbond's ? I haven't seen any for some time. I have some 7mm Interbond's still that I've had for many years. Maybe some 30 cal. Don't recall. They worked as well as Accubonds later on did for me.
I don't think they are making them. I bought some 7mm 154's a few weeks back but they were more than likely old stock.
If your 7mm interbond are the 139 grain variety I would be happy to help you clean off your shelf when I make it to Cody! 😁

I am done looking for Nosler Accubonds I really like the nosler but I'm ready to move on to something that is some what available at some point Loading for 6.5 prc and 7 mag 140-160 gr mainly deer hunting 500 600 yd max
Hammers. You will not be disappointed! if you have the correct twist and bullet combination, you will be amazed how at how easy and accurate they are. Killer on game to :)

I don't think they are making them. I bought some 7mm 154's a few weeks back but they were more than likely old stock.
If your 7mm interbond are the 139 grain variety I would be happy to help you clean off your shelf when I make it to Cody! 😁
I think my 7mm Interbond's are 150. 154 and 139 were Interlocks and SST's if I remember correctly. Could be way off. Come get them !

Last edited:
Dirtdevil - I don't know if you are just soaking in all the suggestions and comments or just picked up those Bergers and moved on. As you can tell there are passionate people here when it comes to bullets. I did drink the Hammer KoolAid and found them to be as advertised. Just ordered another 100 143's this weekend. Still have other pills in the cabinet, but the last few orders have been of the HH variety.

Dirtdevil - I don't know if you are just soaking in all the suggestions and comments or just picked up those Bergers and moved on. As you can tell there are passionate people here when it comes to bullets. I did drink the Hammer KoolAid and found them to be as advertised. Just ordered another 100 143's this weekend. Still have other pills in the cabinet, but the last few orders have been of the HH variety.
I am in part stocking up on Hammer bullets. I a fair selection of Noslers, but changing my barrels is another thing too.

I used to shoot a lot of Partitions and Accubonds but after trying Hammers, for me there was no going back.

Great accuracy and remarkably consistent terminal performance got me hooked.

Always available, and super simple load development is just an added bonus.

Good luck with whatever you choose 👍