Any bullet other than Nosler

Hornady interbond. A bit more sensitive to seating depth but performance on game has been excellent for me. Berger is another good option.
Does Hornady still make Interbond's ? I haven't seen any for some time. I have some 7mm Interbond's still that I've had for many years. Maybe some 30 cal. Don't recall. They worked as well as Accubonds later on did for me.

Last edited:
If I could just find the .338 Accubond in 250 grain. I may disagree with their marketing strategy, but I don't own the company or even stocks in the company. The 250 grain .338 puts the first rounds in the same hole @ 100 yards consistently. When I find some on the shelf I will probably pay too much. In the mean time Hornady ELD-X will keep me content shooting at steel. Que sera sera.
Red,
I think I saw some .338 Accubonds at a stone here. I go in there once a week. I'll check. I know him well. I may call him and ask. Hell hold for me if I want. I can send to you.

Does Hornady still make Interbond's ? I haven't seen any for some time. I have some 7mm Interbond's still that I've had for many years. Maybe some 30 cal. Don't recall. They worked as well as Accubonds later on did for me.
Bunch of Interbond show up on Ammoseek serch, various calibers (.30 and under) and wights.

I shot a deer last year with my 6.5 Creedmoor, 143 ELD-X at about 75-85 yards, maybe. Deer was quartering away, bullet went in behind the las rib and went out the neck.
A 143 ELDX at about 75 yds. That's exit wound. It hit back part of shoulder bone on way out. Not much meat damage. If were a Berger I'm sure there'd be more.
86121 (1).jpeg

I don't know or haven't heard of "Interbonds "; but I use and still see the Hornady "Interlocks " both online and in some of the stores here in N. Idaho.
They're different bullets. The InterLocks only have a "locking ring" in the jacket whereas the InterBonds are a true bonded bullet. Looking at Hornady's website, it doesn't look like they make any bonded bullets anymore.

They're different bullets. The InterLocks only have a "locking ring" in the jacket whereas the InterBonds are a true bonded bullet. Looking at Hornady's website, it doesn't look like they make any bonded bullets anymore.
I just saw some Interbonds show up on the shelf last week. It could have been old stock that was in the back room.

Barnes TTSX and Lapua Scenar-L
I am done looking for Nosler Accubonds I really like the nosler but I'm ready to move on to something that is some what available at some point Loading for 6.5 prc and 7 mag 140-160 gr mainly deer hunting 500 600 yd max
Have you tried Shooters Pro Shop? Not always in stock, but they notify you when a shipment comes in. Prices run 1/3 to 1/2 off MSRP.

They have the tooling to make them but they told me in an email that Interbonds were too difficult to make as they had to run through the line multiple times to complete an interbond bullet but they were working on a replacement bullet that was much easier to make.
I mentioned in post #55 that I expect that bullet to be the CX bullet and they are out now.I have some on order and expect them to be here mid week 4-25- 4-28.Others posted that they have had great success with them already.
I like Hammers but I do like choices

Like my friends from NAAC stated above, swift scirocco's are a favorite of mine for many calibers - they've loaded some for me in my prc work great. I use swift in my weatherby calibers with higher velocities i've seen some issues with accubond and eld-x rounds coming apart. Partitions are another good choice, but again if i can find them i like swift and use a-frames as well for larger plains game hunting we do.

Non weatherby calibers i've tried terminal ascent, like those (used in 7mm rem).

Barnes and Hammers are another good choice.

Not knocking accubonds i have loaded ammo in some of our rifles and they work, will shoot till they are gone with confidence. Availability and cost have just gone crazy, the market on those things were gobbled up and the resale is stupid. Wish supply/demand would get back to normal for everything not just ammo and gun related topics! :)