Anti cant device

It depends on the the rifle. Some have the anti-cant device built in the scope cap (Nightforce rings). My CZ457's base has it built into it (.22's need love too). I also have the style that clamps onto the tube. Of course, like 338 dude says, first level the scope. Be meticulous about it.

DE sells angle cosine indicator with or without the anti-cant device or just the anti-cant scope rings. I've seen the Nightforce caps with anti-cant devices at the usual places on the internet (just bought a set from Midway or maybe it was Brownells. I hate when I'm off work for a holiday. It gets expesive)

I'm so used to checking for level that the rifles that don't have the anti-cant device still get checked (which is irritating at the time). "Appurtenances" when needed are handy.

My long range rifles also have angle cosine indicators. I saw a guy on YT shooting a nice Anschutz .22LR (nice = $3k) with Lapua's new extra long range .22 LR (not kidding, it's a thing). He was shooting 200 and 300 yards uphill at 30-40 degrees-ish. Not one time did he consider mention that the bullet impact was going to be significantly lower if he didn't compensate for it.

I know that pain...I was demonstrating how accurate my .338 Edge was at deer camp a number of years ago. The "camp house" had been moved from the coast and was up on legs around 15'-20'. The views down three sendero's up there were awesome. I convinced the host to let me take a long shot on a target. Earlier that day we watched two Bobcats herd a rabbit to their dinner table. Range was about 300 yards and I was chomping at the bit to take a shot. The backdrop was bad. There were people down range in the brush somewhere. When we told the host about it he was skeptical that I could have hit a Bobcat at that range. He was probably right unless somehow I remembered to look at the angle cosine indicator.

It was mid-day and everyone was at the camp. He agreed, his son set up a 55 gallon drum with a duct tape cross for a bullseye. I ranged it at 700 yards. I still look at the photo below from time to time. I missed in the vertical by right at 7". Had I checked my angle cosine indicator, something not normally necessary near the Gulf Coast of TX, I'd have made the correction.

p1713121039-6.jpg

Not sure where to put this post, but what are y'all using for anti cant devices. I just ordered one of the USO devices. The vortex looks like a decent option, but I'm concerned about bumping it while hunting and not getting a true read. Just wondering what most of you use?
G'morning, I presently use Darrel Holland's and Flatline Ops Sniper X. The Sniper X has two (2) adjustment set screws (1 for folded and the other for extended) and is by far the easiest to set dead level and to secure to tube.
The Holland is similar design to Vortex (by comparing photos).
Flatline's vial is 2X plus the size of Holland's which for me is more quickly referenced.
I use my Leica Range finder or iPhone in lieu of on-board Cosine Angle device.

Not sure where to put this post, but what are y'all using for anti cant devices. I just ordered one of the USO devices. The vortex looks like a decent option, but I'm concerned about bumping it while hunting and not getting a true read. Just wondering what most of you use?
mine is in my stock right behind the tang before that i had a 20moa rail with it built in to the rear of the rail

Accuracy 1st level. Nice thing is it's a ceramic bead not a bubble so under recoil it won't separate. It's not usually an issue but I have had that happen the odd time shooting steel and can be frustrating if trying to make quick follow up shots.
If your going with a bubble they all basically do the same thing. I like them to clamp on the tube they are easier to tune to the reticle that way IMO.

M and K, machining makes great products, but from the looks of things, I think the flat line optics halo-x would be my pick. I had inquired about the newest bubble level available from M and K, I have a hard time trying to figure out if the the bubble level will get obstructed by the elevation turret, they sent me pictures but if a person is looking through the scope and takes the non-dominant eye and looks at the level is it visible.

Too many manufacturers don't take in the account of how large some of these turrets are on scopes and they keep it too close to the scope tube. Imo, the level needs to extend to the end of the focus/parallax adjustment knob or just a little shy of that.

M and K, machining makes great products, but from the looks of things, I think the flat line optics halo-x would be my pick. I had inquired about the newest bubble level available from M and K, I have a hard time trying to figure out if the the bubble level will get obstructed by the elevation turret, they sent me pictures but if a person is looking through the scope and takes the non-dominant eye and looks at the level is it visible.

Too many manufacturers don't take in the account of how large some of these turrets are on scopes and they keep it too close to the scope tube. Imo, the level needs to extend to the end of the focus/parallax adjustment knob or just a little shy of that.
every scope is different. They can't possibly know this for every optic on the market. I'd figure that based on the pictures you got should be able to determine to a reasonable degree whether or not your turret would obstruct it.