Attachments

• 0923142126.jpg
    0923142126.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 0923142123.jpg
    0923142123.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 136
I have or have had most except the Flatline Accu/Level

Including Xtreme: AR and R700 Rail and the ACI/ACD Horus (me like :cool:).

I like the Vortex best for function and rugged. I can watch the ACD with my left eye and sight the target with my right.:D

The Holland's Signature Series Anti-Cant Device 1 Matte is more esthetically pleasing with a hunting rifle and Leupod/Redfield type scope mounts.

The Flatline Ops ACCU/LEVEL Articulating Scope Level Matte is very nice when folded.
I have both the Flatline Ops (flip) and Vortex on several different rigs.

Love them both. Functionally I like the FO best, for the money I definitely prefer the Vortex.

Also have the Wheeler flip level on a couple and have no complaints. Best to secure the screw though with some loctite.

I looked at those pretty hard but read several reviews where people complained they were cheaply made and had a tendency to fly apart. What is your opinion?
Mine had been on a 22, 260, 300 WSM and lately my 300RUM and 338/300RUM for over 100 rounds
No issues. Used last weekend to get angle on a down hill shot. Put it in the pigs ear after fixing my windage turret which was one revolution off. The slope indicated 13degrees + Steloc was dead on. Factory ammo at 500 yards.

Mine had been on a 22, 260, 300 WSM and lately my 300RUM and 338/300RUM for over 100 rounds
No issues. Used last weekend to get angle on a down hill shot. Put it in the pigs ear after fixing my windage turret which was one revolution off. The slope indicated 13degrees + Steloc was dead on. Factory ammo at 500 yards.
Great. I did some reading on their site and they are now being produced in the US whereas the older version was being made I think in China. That could explain why there were so may failures with the older models.

I looked at those pretty hard but read several reviews where people complained they were cheaply made and had a tendency to fly apart. What is your opinion?

I would have been nice if the ring is an aircraft aluminum or similar in strength instead of plastic/polymer material but looks strong enough for the purpose. Not sure about the tendency to fly apart but it's on there pretty securely.

Unlike it's predecessor(s), the level and indicator are very visible even in bright conditions esp. for my old eyes. :D

I plan on purchasing another for my next project (.300 WSM). :cool:

Reviving an old thread with a new question...for those that use a Flatline Ops Anti Cant that folds....which one is easier to see..the Tango RM that mounts on the rail, or the model that mounts on the tube?
And if you mounted it on the tube, did you mount it in front between the elev dial and the front ring, or behind between the dial and the rear ring? If rear mounted, does it block your view of the elev dial?

Just trying to get some feedback on which is easiest to see without losing cheekweld.
For reference, i installed the Talley 20moa rail with builtin anti-cant on my Hells Canyon Speed 300 wsm, but i can not see it easily without moving my head back. And it is also difficult to see at low light, as light does not shine thru it. The scope is a Leupold Mark5HD 35mm tube.

Great pics! 5 of 6 mounted in front of the elev dial.
What was your reason for installing the one in the rear behind the dial?
I was thinking folding to keep the profile lower when not in use, as the rifle goes into a horse scabbard...in the 5th pic the cant dial looks smaller (less wide) than the rest...how well can you see it?

Great pics! 5 of 6 mounted in front of the elev dial.
What was your reason for installing the one in the rear behind the dial?
I was thinking folding to keep the profile lower when not in use, as the rifle goes into a horse scabbard...in the 5th pic the cant dial looks smaller (less wide) than the rest...how well can you see it?
The only reason for the one behind is for ring placement, and scope for proper eye relief did not allow the level to be in front. Simply a real estate issue.

An amazon or eBay cheapo will make your rifle repeatable. Ya don't have to spend $100 to shoot straight without cant :)

Mk machine makes a nice one on the cheap. It will be my next one. Have a flatline on my hunting rifle now and do like it.

Don't get the 3D printed levels. Yes they're cheap, but will not stay on a scope. The screw ferrule pulls out easily. My neighbor sent three back and number four did the same. He now has the slim version Vortex.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.