Anti Cant Device

PRCLITE

Hi guys,

I started my new build at the end of last season. I had to postpone because of funding. I recently sold my Vortex Viper PST to go for a non 'tacticool' everyday all around hunting rig. I am planning on using this rifle on deer sized game out to maybe 700 yards.

My build is as follows:

Remington 700 CDL SF in .270 WIN 24" Barrel

Bobby Hart Accublock sporter stock

Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x56 30mm side focus CDS scope

Leupold standard two-piece base/rings

Calvin Harris Timney trigger set at 2 pounds

Atlas bipod and monopod

I recently purchased the wheeler scope mounting kit so i can lap my rings and do it correctly. I haven't mounted anything yet, should be here next week.

I am going to make my own CDS turret so I'm using actual performance versus ballistic programming. I am going to be shooting 130 gr Nosler Accubond factory loads. My goal was to build a practical 'all around' hunting rig capable of accurate medium to long range shots on deer sized game.

I guess this is a long write-up for a simple question (sorry). I had the vortex ant-cant device on my Viper PST which I sold with the scope. I would like to purchase an anti-cant device for the Leupold scope but I'd like it to have a 'clean' look and not look so bulky and tactical. Do you guys have any suggestions?? I don't want to start shooting at game long distance and injure an animal because I was a few degrees off. Any help is much appreciated!!!

There are plenty of choices; it's just a matter of personal preference. i.e., mounted on scope, atop scope ring, on rail, etc ...

Here's what I have on my SAKO M995 with Leupold scope ...

Attachments

• P8220213B.jpg
    P8220213B.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 281
Thanks for the reply and pic. That isn't at all too big or gaudy. Unfortunately for me it will hinder my view of the CDS dial. I found one from US Optics that folds away model# BBL-300 that I do like but is extremely expensive for what it is. Still searching...

caiati, the Holland is smaller, more compact than the Vortex and won't obstruct your view. Medium priced also.

I've had the opportunity to play with several different ACD's over the years. Of the models i've used I can recommend two:

1). Flatline Ops- They offer either a folding or a fixed version, I prefer the folders.

https://flatlineops.com/products/levels

Here is the Flatline Sniper deployed on one of my rifles (plus my ugly mug).

406 Day 1-  (17).jpg

2). Holland- This fixed model offers enough offset to stay out of the way of your turrets without snagging on everything that goes by.

Holland's Gunsmithing & Shooters Supply

Here is the Holland on another of my rigs.

6-284 Pic.jpg

Hope this helps,

t

I've had the opportunity to play with several different ACD's over the years. Of the models i've used I can recommend two:

1). Flatline Ops- They offer either a folding or a fixed version, I prefer the folders.

https://flatlineops.com/products/levels

Here is the Flatline Sniper deployed on one of my rifles (plus my ugly mug).

View attachment 40165

2). Holland- This fixed model offers enough offset to stay out of the way of your turrets without snagging on everything that goes by.

Holland's Gunsmithing & Shooters Supply

Here is the Holland on another of my rigs.

View attachment 40164

Hope this helps,

t

+1.....Thanks to some members on here I ended up with a Flatline Ops Articulating Level and I couldn't be more satisfied. It is not cheap, but when it involves hunting and shooting, what is? It folds out so you can see it with your non-shooting eye and then you can fold it back over so you don't have to worry about snagging it on brush, etc. I'd buy another one for sure.

Last edited:
I still haven't picked out a scope level but I'd like to give a shout out to Leupold.... I received my bases and rings today and was excited to install the scope. I got my wheeler engineering lapping kit and began the process. I lined everything up as best as I could and began lapping. Once I got more than 75% contact it was time to mount the scope..... WRONG!

The front of my scope was hitting the barrel.... Not happy. I double checked Leopold's website for the part numbers recommended for my rifle and my scope. I double checked what I ordered and what I received. Everything came out to the same part numbers. Obviously the bases were fine but the rings were too low. I called Leupold technical support and told them the situation. He went through the website to verify that the part numbers that were suggested was what I was saying. Once he found that the numbers recommended were wrong he said he would transfer that information over to the I.T. department for correction. He also said that he would overnight ship a set of the correct rings from Oregon to Pennsylvania. I told him that I didn't order them directly from them and he said, doesn't matter.. the website gave you the wrong information. That is customer service at it's finest and it's nice to see that some companies still bend over for their customers. This is my first Leupold scope and my first experience with Leupold customer service. Thus far, I am impressed to say the least. Just wanted to share.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.