Announcing the New Hammer HHT

Neither my Tikka's or Winchesters like Copper bullets from any manufacturer. I think that this might have something to do with barrel twist. My other issue with Hammers accuracy notwithstanding is the price. I shoot a lot and with the prices they charge they are simply out of my budget range. For those that find them superior good for you. 🥹

Neither my Tikka's or Winchesters like Copper bullets from any manufacturer. I think that this might have something to do with barrel twist. My other issue with Hammers accuracy notwithstanding is the price. I shoot a lot and with the prices they charge they are simply out of my budget range. For those that find them superior good for you. 🥹

Thanks? Lol

So you have said that the bullets come with the tip off and the customer must install the tip--'
have these bullets been shot both ways? With and without the tip?
if so, how does the terminal effect on the animal compare with tip vs without tip?

Will you have a new HHT reloading thread?

I think you said the HHT will be similar reloading to the HH, does that mean " normal" powders as apposed to faster burning powders that the AHH uses?
Yes. The Hammer HHT is very much the same as the Hammer Hunters for pressure and loading. The tip bullet design by nature will make the exact same form as the Hammer Hunter lighter. At this point the HHT design has been aimed at keeping weight up for required twist. Also keeping overall cartridge length usable in most factory rifles.

They can be shot both with or without the tip. They will work well either way. The tip and the bullet are an exact marriage and impact testing on game show that terminal performance is better with the tip installed. This holds true at high or low velocity impacts.

The Hammer load data pages have been done by folks not associated with Hammer Bullets. I have never reviewed the data because it is not ours. I think it is a great resource for shooters to reference to see what others have done successfully. I don't know if there will be another separate collection of data for HHT's. I know it has been a lot of work that they don't get compensated for.

They're hunting bullets, not bulk target, plinking bullets.

Teri, I detect a lil jealousy in that post.😅

Teri, I detect a lil jealousy in that post.😅
You need to have a faster twist rate. Otherwise you are just about wasting your money. Yes they cost money, but a lot of the other bullet manufactures have raised there prices up to or above Hammer prices. A lot of those bullet a comble bullets. I have seen nosler even higher per bullet than Hammer bullets.

@Teri Anne if you have actually tried Hammers with poor results I would very much be interested in your data. Open forum, pm, or phonecall. 406-261-0010. It doesn't do me, or you, or anyone else any good to sell you bullets that you can't use because of poor results. There is a solution.

1685399857463.png

Sorry, couldn't resist....

@RockyMtnMT I'm curious if you guys tried multiple different tip materials and what lead you to choose the one you felt was the best.
We have tried machining our own from copper and aluminum. We have tried other polymer. We tried different hollow point tip designs. Nothing would work too our expectations until this. Low velocity was always the problem. Just could not get them to open reliably. All we ever wanted was to meet our terminal performance expectations. We were never willing to come out with a tip design and tell people it works almost as good as our other bullets. "You should try it, the bc is better." I wouldn't sleep at night. We have this design working better than our expectations in every situation. I will have to continuously remind myself that our previous lines work better than anything else and it is still ok to sell them.

We have tried machining our own from copper and aluminum. We have tried other polymer. We tried different hollow point tip designs. Nothing would work too our expectations until this. Low velocity was always the problem. Just could not get them to open reliably. All we ever wanted was to meet our terminal performance expectations. We were never willing to come out with a tip design and tell people it works almost as good as our other bullets. "You should try it, the bc is better." I wouldn't sleep at night. We have this design working better than our expectations in every situation. I will have to continuously remind myself that our previous lines work better than anything else and it is still ok to sell them.
And this is why I'm so passionate about Hammer Bullets

Recent Posts