.243 hammer 75gr hht

snox801

So this fall I got a AR-10 in .243 with a 24" tube. I thought the 75gr hht would be the perfect balance of speed and weight for this setup. Ended up with it zipping at 3622fps. Now as I have much nicer rifles and loads I trust for my hunts. I didn't get around till now to test terminal performance.

Was able to take two large MI doe tonight with it. My nephew shot one and I took over and dropped the second. Shots were not far 60-80 yards. His was a very big deer dropped stone dead with a shot behind the shoulder. So fast the one with it spun around and looked at it wondering what happened. I drove one right behind the shoulder and touched it off. Deer ran 15 yards and was done. Great blood trail. Inside of both looked great lungs were mush. Finger sized entrance 1.5" exit. I am very happy with this new hht. Now if they had the hammer trial I would be in heaven. Lol

I love taking kids out. This young man loves to hunt but dad not so much. So I usually meet him after school and take him out. He's very good and is learning fast. I still do his gutting and anything else but he help drag them and does his best. Pays attention so I'm sure he can work his way through hurting one if needed. I like to do them so it's a lot of fun.

X2,my 3 uncles took me under their care also when I started deer hunting ,oh the thrills of driving learning the ropes , doing and Listening to everything you were told . First year and half another season and I learned to post ,if you shot a small deer you were back on driving , didn't have that many doe tags back then ,Besides it's Important for any hunter to know Size differences in all deer . I'd not trade those Precious memories for anything!!!, and I'd relive them in a heartbeat , only ifin I could . Cheers all!!!.

Thanks for the report. I have some 75 HHT for my 6 Dasher. But haven't had time to shoot them yet.

Thanks for the report. I have some 75 HHT for my 6 Dasher. But haven't had time to shoot them yet.
I know it's a smalls smaple size but I decide to do these over the 70hh because the ar-10 can really slam the bullet while loading. But this one seems to have a bit more explosiveness than the 70. Makes sense with the bigger hollow point. I was able o match the same charge weight as the 70gr even being 5gr more and in an ar not bolt.