Hammer hunter vs HHT

The larger hole/cavity plus the bevel added to the mouth of the cavity will equate to overall better results than the original HH, all else equal. Changing other things like depth of cavity, caliber size vs cavity size, hardness of alloy, etc can affect things too though.

ok
I'm sorry it didn't load & showing how poor my skills are
I apologise for that if possible & you would like that video you could pm me your email address or if you have watts app that's the easiest way I've found to share video's
But no strings attached & understand if you want to decline so I'm cool either way

Here's a couple of screenshots of those turbos View attachment 520363
The above is the 125 hht

Below the 124hh View attachment 520364
Once again I apologise for my lack of skills
Cheers
Always read all your posts and appreciate your knowledge and testing

Just won a 6.5 creed. Looking at 100 and 112 hht. Deer and hogs close but maybe to 500 yards Hht or hh bullets

In my factory twist Ruger 6 mm rem have been shooting 70 hh but almost out of them. Do you suggest going to 75hht

Also 7 twist 20 inch 257 roberts have been using 95 hht. Is that right. Again deer and big hogs.

And in 7 rem mag factory twist 132 hht for deer and to bull elk out to 600 or so??
Thanks
Les

Just won a 6.5 creed. Looking at 100 and 112 hht. Deer and hogs close but maybe to 500 yards Hht or hh bullets

In my factory twist Ruger 6 mm rem have been shooting 70 hh but almost out of them. Do you suggest going to 75hht

Also 7 twist 20 inch 257 roberts have been using 95 hht. Is that right. Again deer and big hogs.

And in 7 rem mag factory twist 132 hht for deer and to bull elk out to 600 or so??
Thanks
Les
I use the 143 HH in my 7RM. Right at 3330 FPS. It is very effective. You would have good performance at 600 yds with plenty of velocity to spare for terminal performance. I would opt for the similar weight in the HHT.

Thanks
Les
Gday rob257
My pleasure on testing & relaying that information

Give me a little time as just checked in here as been burning the candle @ both ends lately but will slow back to a normal pace next week & need to compile my last lot of data which includes the 6.5 100&112 hht but straight off the bat the 112 is the better of those 2 pills

I'll come back with information in a more detailed manner on those you've mentioned where I can as got to run for now & just checked in to try & catch up on some messages
Cheers

Gday rob257
My pleasure on testing & relaying that information

Give me a little time as just checked in here as been burning the candle @ both ends lately but will slow back to a normal pace next week & need to compile my last lot of data which includes the 6.5 100&112 hht but straight off the bat the 112 is the better of those 2 pills

I'll come back with information in a more detailed manner on those you've mentioned where I can as got to run for now & just checked in to try & catch up on some messages
Cheers
Thanks fordy I heard u guys were killing them with the beanmore

Whenever you have time

Thanks

Thanks
Les
I will chime in here and expect @fordy To give his two cents.

I'm the guy that said Hammers would never have a tip. We tried several times before and failed to get a tip to work as well as our open hollow point bullets. Tips are a plug in the hole that must be evacuated in order to allow fluid to enter the hollow point in order to get the bullet to expand from the inside out. Tipped bullets have two inherent problems. Random failure to expand due to the tip plugging the hole. The lower the impact velocity the more prevalent this problem becomes. And bullet deflection on angled bone impacts due to the tip breaking out one side of the bullet and causing imbalance and a deflection. I did not think it was possible to have a bullet work as well as our Hammer Hunters or the other Hammer lines. We set the bar for terminal performance with these lines. When we designed the current Hammer HHT line of bullets we were able to surpass the terminal performance of our previous bullets and eliminate the normal inferiority problems associated with tipped bullets. Fordy can expand on this. After our initial testing and hunting in Africa I asked him to make them fail. "No worries mate, I can fail any bullet." He was unable to fail the HHT and he is still angry about it. We did try some different tip material that did fail in the traditional tip bullet ways.

For your applications my personal choice would be...

6.5 creed the 112gr HHT's
I would move the 6mm to the 75gr HHT
I would stick with the 95gr HHT's in the 257
In the 7 mag I would run the 145gr HHT.

RockyMtnMT,

You know I'm waiting for a fat check. When it arrives I will be purchasing 6.5 will be using your suggestion of the 112 HHT. What velocity do you think one could expect from the Weatherby 6.5RPM?
I'm trying to remember what velocity I ran the 115gr Power Hammer in my rpm. I'll look in the journal today. I need to revisit that rifle since the chamber was polished and have Peterson brass. It was sticky last time I used it and couldn't get out of it what it should.