Hammer hunter vs HHT

OG-danimal

Is there a big difference between the terminal performance of these two bullets? I'm specifically wondering about the .264 124/125gr versions and using them for elk. I know it's not the preferred caliber, but it's what I have to work with. Is there any reason to choose one over the other?
Thanks

9DA0CEB4-8664-44CF-929A-0E709AA6E8A9.jpeg
Gday OG-danimal
Hopefully this video downloads

Best quick example I can show on different wound channels
Now don't worry about these being turbo chickens ( native Tasmanian bird ) as it has been replicated many times all the way upto including asiatic buffalo & the 125hht gets my vote over the 124hh
& if your twist can run it & with respect to Carl I would not go the 118 hht as it isn't as good as the 125

Hope that helps

Cheers

ok
I'm sorry it didn't load & showing how poor my skills are
I apologise for that if possible & you would like that video you could pm me your email address or if you have watts app that's the easiest way I've found to share video's
But no strings attached & understand if you want to decline so I'm cool either way

Here's a couple of screenshots of those turbos D3E635B1-49CA-4177-88D3-2AF85201D24E.png
The above is the 125 hht

Below the 124hh AEDD672D-C849-4CF9-A9A0-904628DE8AEE.png
Once again I apologise for my lack of skills
Cheers

the 170 Gr HHT that I shoot out of my 7mm PRC has taken two cow elk. One at 820 yards and the other at 575 yards. Both elk didn't go 20 yards from where they were shot. One was a heart and lung shot and the other was a high shoulder shot (which I don't prefer but it wasn't me shooting).

I have also used the hammer hunters a BUNCH. They kill just as well but you do get an increase in BC with the HHT if you care about that.

the 170 Gr HHT that I shoot out of my 7mm PRC has taken two cow elk. One at 820 yards and the other at 575 yards. Both elk didn't go 20 yards from where they were shot. One was a heart and lung shot and the other was a high shoulder shot (which I don't prefer but it wasn't me shooting).

I have also used the hammer hunters a BUNCH. They kill just as well but you do get an increase in BC with the HHT if you care about that.
Nice! What was the retained velocity of your 820 yard shot?

Very impressive. 👍

Now don't worry about these being turbo chickens ( native Tasmanian bird ) as it has been replicated many times all the way upto including asiatic buffalo & the 125hht gets my vote over the 124hh
& if your twist can run it & with respect to Carl I would not go the 118 hht as it isn't as good as the 125
I'd go with @fordy his testing has been extensive.

My 2 cents on the 118 was twist related. For some reason I've seen a few 6.5's the high side of tolerances with twist.

I agree the hht does seem to open faster. Now make make them in the absolute hammer so I get the speed also
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the difference on the Absolutes? I know they talk about only experienced handloaders loading them but don't understand why?

Also, what is the difference in on-game performance?