New 180gr Hammer HHT

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
The new 180gr Hammer HHT is the replacement for the old 177gr Hammer Hunter. The 180gr HHT is 1.741" long including the polymer tip compared to the 177gr Hammer Hunter at 1.665". With the tip length of .143" factored in the stability factor for the 180gr HHT is much better. Calculated at sea level in an 8" twist barrel with a vel of 2900 fps the Hammer HHT shows a stability factor of 1.51sg. This is .2 sg higher than the old 177gr HH. With our tip design / material and the way we married it to the bullet giving consistent low vel performance, without the risk of deflection on angled bone impacts, (problems that are typically associated with tipped bullets) this will be a great long range performer from low vel impacts to very high velocity impacts. At 1700 fps impact this bullet is designed to still fully deform and shed the nose. We have yet to find an impact vel too high for a Hammer Bullet. 60% weight retention throughout the range of impact velocity.

This bullet is still very long for caliber, so today I am sending my 8" twist 7prc up to Anchorage for the Northern Hunter podcast guys to test the 180gr Hammer HHT at sea level and cold temperatures. Right now it is -40* , so they will wait for it to get closer to 0*. This will be about as extreme of condition as can be expected.

could someone please share the link to the latest compilation of loads for the Hammer HHT bullets? Just starting to assemble some components for a new 300 Win Mag (with 1:9 twist - supposedly - haven't verified that yet).
I'd like to test some of the new tipped Hammers.
Thanks in advance!
Stretch