Angled Line Pattern

What caliber? I've found there's a world of difference in these new rounds that push the limits. You can shoot a 300 win mag every minute all day long. Try that with a 300prc and your barrel will be glowing red.
You realize 300 WM and 300 PRC burn nearly the same amount of powder. Depending how the WM is throated you could potentially have more case capacity.

Jeez I never wait for my groups from my sporter weight barrel. I shoot the 4 or 5 I have in it with enough time in between shots to make them count. Maybe 10 seconds to 30 seconds. A minute tops. Just me shuffling around getting comfortable after I view my hit through my scope.

Sounds like a suspect barrel man

Take my input with a grain of salt, I'm no pro, just a simple hunter
What caliber? I've found there's a world of difference in these new
You realize 300 WM and 300 PRC burn nearly the same amount of powder. Depending how the WM is throated you could potentially have more case capacity.
yeah, that was a bad example. 28 nos is admittedly hot, though. I assume there's a reason it has a shorter barrel life, even if you do everything right.

The ABLR's can be finicky.

If it were me, first thing I would do is try to find some straight 160gr Accubonds and retest.
Looks like this was the correct answer. Went to the range today with 160's and it shot 3/4moa, which is probably the limitation of how well I can shoot on a freezing cold day with gloves on. I've never seen that drastic of an improvement with the right load - from 6moa to 0.75…

Looks like this was the correct answer. Went to the range today with 160's and it shot 3/4moa, which is probably the limitation of how well I can shoot on a freezing cold day with gloves on. I've never seen that drastic of an improvement with the right load - from 6moa to 0.75…

Well I"ll be...!

Thanks for the follow up.

I didn't expect that much improvement either, wow!

I've been there myself - after checking and rechecking action screws, scope bases rings, different optic - the frustration is real!!

I haven't messed with ABLR's much, but my findings agree with what I've read from others - they seem to like like a good amount of jump (.080-.120").

Did you verify your twist rate with a patch and a cleaning rod? Maybe it doesn't match the stamp on the barrel - that still wouldn't explain the poor grouping 162's though .. 🤷‍♂️

Well I"ll be...!

Thanks for the follow up.

I didn't expect that much improvement either, wow!

I've been there myself - after checking and rechecking action screws, scope bases rings, different optic - the frustration is real!!

I haven't messed with ABLR's much, but my findings agree with what I've read from others - they seem to like like a good amount of jump (.080-.120").

Did you verify your twist rate with a patch and a cleaning rod? Maybe it doesn't match the stamp on the barrel - that still wouldn't explain the poor grouping 162's though .. 🤷‍♂️
This seems logical. I've heard fierce chambers are pretty shallow. Some folks have them cut a little deeper so you're not jamming into the lands. Hard to justify messing with something that's already shooting well, though.

28nos loads seem to use all the case capacity, so seating deeper to get a jump might be a challenge. Might be stuck with shooting regular acubonds. I can live with that…