Cerakote color pattern suggestions for rifle stock

I did this one with duracoat. As mentioned, you can get a kit for less than the cost of one coat at your local gunsmith: either cerekote or duracoat kit. That said, I think if you want to have the smith do it, I think the green would work, but you might look at cobalt as well.

Attachments

• 556 jungle.jpg
    556 jungle.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 91
Then why the groundhog continue to eat while 4 people are moving inside behind glass?

Yes. The ground hog would run as soon as anyone picked up rifle. And only when the rifle moved. Again just my experience. YMMV
I was kidding you before, but was the rifle camo? Would the results be different if it had a camo paint job?

I appreciate everyone's discussion, but again, I am not looking for suggestions on painting. The rifle is already painted and has my own paint job I have put on other rifles. I am getting my rifle cerakoted at Rock Guns in Fayetteville. Not looking for other places to do the work. Was just wanting input on what would be a nice single stock color to go with a titanium barrel color. i.e dark green, medium green, dark FDE, light FDE, gray, etc and any pictures someone might have. Here is the rifle with my current paint job. It is just that cerakote can take a beating without having to touch up every time something peels paint off. Literally, every time I attach the chrono and the barrel gets hot, the rubber attachments peel paint off. And, I had 2 years of auto body training and have painted numerous cars, so it was prepped and painted correctly.

CVA 7MM-08.jpg

I am taking one of my rifles to get a cerakote job done at the local custom shop. Single color cerakote - rifle, stock, scope, etc. is $275. Any patterns over 1 color starts running pretty costly. I think he said three colors on the stock, like a camo pattern, doubles the price. With another build going, just can't afford that.

They have a titanium color I am doing the action and scope. It is like a darker SS color. Kind of stuck on the stock color. I am thinking a dark green. Any suggestions or folks that have pics is appreciated to get some ideas.
Have you thought about hydro dipping the stock with camo pattern ?

I appreciate everyone's discussion, but again, I am not looking for suggestions on painting. The rifle is already painted and has my own paint job I have put on other rifles. I am getting my rifle cerakoted at Rock Guns in Fayetteville. Not looking for other places to do the work. Was just wanting input on what would be a nice single stock color to go with a titanium barrel color. i.e dark green, medium green, dark FDE, light FDE, gray, etc and any pictures someone might have. Here is the rifle with my current paint job. It is just that cerakote can take a beating without having to touch up every time something peels paint off. Literally, every time I attach the chrono and the barrel gets hot, the rubber attachments peel paint off. And, I had 2 years of auto body training and have painted numerous cars, so it was prepped and painted correctly.

View attachment 485255
I did a rifle with Dark Rust brown base color and added camo to it but I really liked the base color. The metals were done in Cerakote Sig Grey. Here's a pic of the rifle.

69134158803__F4B975D0-027F-4337-AADF-68D9619B36DA.jpeg
69134151704__BBCC6B83-EF1D-4FF7-909C-4EE0C3B9EAFE.jpeg

View attachment 485255
Werid you Chet chipping etc. I've not been experienced that. I also top coat with cerakote matte clear so maybe that's why.

I like sniper gray or a variation of grey vs armor black for example. Grays tend to work well with Bs variety of colors.

What other colors did you use, bronze?
Yes a burnt bronze on the metal and darker green on the stock also. The Sig Grey is a great color and you don't see it often on rifles. Just a fyi. I called and spoke with Manners last week and found out the use "Pro-Line" RC paints for their sponge/blotch Camo that you see on their CF stocks. This paint holds up to the fuels they use in RC planes and cars. I picked some up at my local hobby shop last week. Cost is about $7 for a little 1.5 ounce bottle. It can be sprayed also.

1691942886025.png

Last edited:
I was kidding you before, but was the rifle camo? Would the results be different if it had a camo paint job?

Musta been hydro dipped sheet rock and corian.... to blend in with the kitchen...

My only cerakoted stock is black with grey web. But that's 90% of my rifles.

Have seen a lot of guys doing cerakote clear over hydro dip. If camo was the goal, I'd be trying dip plus cerakote clear. Going to have 2x done this fall that way, shall see if it's tough this winter.

I did a krylon paint job and let's just say, it does not exactly have the durability I am looking for.
Use Duracoat on the stock yourself. Yes you can sponge Duracoat, or brush it, or spray it. Less than $150 for stripper, several colors, spray kit from Home Depot, and Duracoat clear coat. WAY better than Krylon.

Here, I ordered liquid matte black, white, and clear. First I sprayed the stock a base coat black and hit a few small metal pieces with black (sling studs, action screws, trigger shoe, magazine release etc). Then I mixed B&W to get greys and sponged them on in several overlapping layers. Finally I sprayed the whole stock in matte clear, probably not necessary. It's VERY durable, totally unaffected by solvents, sun screen, etc.

I had the action, scope rail, bolt, trigger guard etc professionally Cerekoted tungsten grey.

52015189182_26bedeb286_c.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe just clear topcoat your home Kylon job with matte Duracoat? Or spray a solid color Duracoat yourself with their Duracoat aerosel can.

Last edited:
Like many of the comments above, it's hard to beat a light to medium Grey color. A deer's hair is Grey with a little brown. If you decide on multiple colors, use large patterns. Many military tests have proven that busy, small, camo patterns blend together at longer distances and appear black.