Stock suggestions?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by matt_3479, Nov 10, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. grouse

grouse Well-Known Member

In my experience the manners stocks are heavier than they advertise. Love their stocks. McMillan stocks seem to be closer to advertised weights. I have been using more mcmillans lately. Not as much lead time and are easier for me to open up if needed. Manners stocks just have the best aesthetics though. They look sweet.

2. Jackmonkey

Jackmonkey Well-Known Member

I have a Manners EH1 and a T2A. I like the T2A but it is heavy for a hunting stock.
    I also have a McMillan A-3 Sporter which is really nice. I just picked up the new McMillan Game Hunter and have to say it is a perfect hunting stock for me. The palm swell and LoP are spot on. When I shoulder the weapon, my eye is perfectly aligned with my NXS in medium rings. It's also very lightweight. All of my new hunting rifles will wear this stock.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-ri...remington-game-warden-adjustable-game-hunter/

Call Eric at AxisWorks. He had some in stock ready for fitment or shipment.

https://www.axisworksaz.com/

3. SealTeam4

SealTeam4 Well-Known Member

They have gotten slightly better about their listed weights. Everything I have quoted has been from a stock I own and weighed. Talk about furious when I took delivery of my first eh1A and it weighed almost 4.5lbs

4. Bill Cauley Jr

Bill Cauley Jr Well-Known Member

8A11B2BD-16E3-4AF8-BCBC-790C5FA19BA0.jpeg
    Manners EH one for sure

300whisper likes this.
  5. raider1v1

raider1v1 Well-Known Member

i have a EH1 and love it so far. manners was great to work with and setup the stock exactly with what i needed. i did the bdl chassis.

6. matt_3479

matt_3479 Well-Known Member

do you have the Mcmillan game warden or game scout. What is it about the eh1 you don’t like as much as the game warden or t2?

7. Jackmonkey

Jackmonkey Well-Known Member

I have the new Game Hunter. Sent the link. It’s like the Game Warden but has a Monte Carlo check piece.
    This stock fits me perfectly. I don’t have to move my head around or add cheek pads to align my eye to the scope. Everyone is built differently but if you have a chance to hold one I suggest you do. It is lighter than the EH1 also.

8. longrangebob

longrangebob Well-Known Member

Manners MT5/A

9. matt_3479

matt_3479 Well-Known Member

Never heard of a mt5