Stock suggestions?

matt_3479

Looking for a little insight from you fellas. Wondering what light-mid weight midrange hunting stock you boys prefer. Has to be able to fit a tikka action? Been thinking either a manners eh1 or 5, or maybe ag composites but don't see much on them? What do you boys light. Trying to keep the build light yet solid.

I have an EH4 which is very much like the EH1 but a couple inches shorter. I chose it because I have a 21" barrel and it was better proportioned.

I've owned a bunch of manners. Eh1 is hard to beat if you are already comfortable shooting a tactical style stock with a vertical grip. The MCS-T is what I believe to be the best all around stock.

A standard elite manners without the mini chassis or adjustable cheek will weight 28-31oz.

Joe S

Thank you everyone! See if I can get something in order here shortly! I currently have a t5 and Mcmillan a5 so I'm use to the vertical grips and love the tactical style stocks but not sure how it is for hunting as I don't normally hunt with these rifles.

I had a Manners t4 and a McM A5. The grip on the t4 was thicker and wasn't nearly as comfortable. So when I went for a hunting stock, I got an McM Game Scout and love it. I still have the A5 and the Game Scout. The Manners have been sold off.

The eh1 has less palm swell and a much slimmer forend than the T5 and A5. It's not a mountain stock but it's definitely a hunting stock

Thank you everyone! See if I can get something in order here shortly! I currently have a t5 and Mcmillan a5 so I'm use to the vertical grips and love the tactical style stocks but not sure how it is for hunting as I don't normally hunt with these rifles.

The eh1 has less palm swell and a much slimmer forend than the T5 and A5. It's not a mountain stock but it's definitely a hunting stock

well I like the sounds of that. I've carried and hunted with boy the a5 and t5 when I was in a pinch but there heavy, and bulky for an actual planned hunting build. Don't get me wrong I love the stocks, especially the t5 but I wouldn't want to hunt with it all the time.

do you feel it's worth the extra weight for the eh1A over the regular? I know it's not a ton of extra weight but do you feel like it's not necessary to get it or definitely work it?

That's up to you sir. The KMw hardware plus the added material to the buttstock adds over 1lb to the stock. That's a noticeable amount of weight.

For me personally yes. I am more comfortable with a fully adjustable cheek piece. I need the cheek piece offset for proper and comfortable cheek weld. But I have no issues shooting the eh1 either.

I think the eh1 or mcst would be a good fit. If you find yourself down the road wanting the adjustable piece you can send it to the StockDoc. He does amazing work and if I recall his filler material is a few OZ lighter.

Joe S

This is a really nice stock I just used on a Tikka build from JCS composite stocks.
C73CACDF-EA00-433D-A23F-B43F104436A6.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.