SHERMAN MEGA LINE

Ive been thinking about this for a while now and decided to " pull the trigger" so to speak. I wanted to design a cartridge which would be hard to beat in 1000 yard bench and also be a hard hitting long range hunting choice. Well, the mid length 300 Mega it is.
With the mid length actions becoming popular And offering performance near the big capacity cases, Ive designed a case that is 2.150", holds 83 grains h20, has a . 342" long neck, and will run 3000-3050' with a 215 Berger on a std . 535" bolt. I should have brass, dies, and reamers by summer and plan on testing a 7 mm version in a couple months. There will also be a 338.
The 7 should push a 195 to 3050-3100 and the 338 a 250 Berger at 3000 at max.
👍👍

Thanks Cody, but I've been studying the site and the load data results extensively. However, nothing states what bolt face the Mega and Max utilize? I'm assuming a magnum, but wanted to make sure.

I had to check myself, the Mega is similar, but not really derived from the WSM. Both the MAX and Mega do use mag bolt faces, so that at least was correct!

I'd check with @elkaholic But I *think* SAUM brass can be formed to MAX. Mega I'm fairly sure cannot be formed from WSM because the neck would be too short.

On the left is a 7mega on the right is the 7 mm WSM. The 7mega has a base measurement of .549 and the 7 mm WSM measures at .547.

I am not sure if the 7 mm WSM brass would conform to a 7mega chamber to match the shoulder angle and the neck length.

Attachments

• 3CBDBD99-18E7-4FBA-BB45-E2FD165EA103.jpeg
    3CBDBD99-18E7-4FBA-BB45-E2FD165EA103.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 91
On the left is a 7mega on the right is the 7 mm WSM. The 7mega has a base measurement of .549 and the 7 mm WSM measures at .547.

I am not sure if the 7 mm WSM brass would conform to a 7mega chamber to match the shoulder angle and the neck length.
Doesn't look like it. I know Rich said it wasn't really built off a parent cartridge, so this must've meant what he said. Basically an elongated wsm.