338 Sherman & Sherman Short

Sightron STAC 4-20 for under $500 is a smoking bargain if you're looking for a cheaper scope.

Do you have confirmed speeds at 2800 out of it?

Ya, Rhians dad "Cliffm" shot it yesterday and hit 2802' with 62.5 grains of RL17. He also said it wasn't topped out but that was the top load he had. Not bad for a 24" tube! I was looking at that scope as a possibility......Rich

Just ordered a 4-20 S-Tac with 2 moa reticle. I know it probably isn't the quality of my SIII's, but I really like the Sightrons for the $$ so I thought I would try one......Rich

I will be running the SWFA 3-15x42 FFP MIL/MIL on mine. I have shot it to 1000 yards on one of my 6.5's. I REALLY like it!

Can you duplicate it with a LH action & a no Hole Stock?

I want one, & I'd like mine finished like the Grey & Black 700KS Custom Shop rifles.

What kind of accuracy?

I'd like a hunting rifle that's light enough to carry, but stiff enough for a can.

PM Rich and I'm sure he could get the reamer and dies available for you. As per the other requests, you'd want to let your gunsmith know your wishes for the rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.