ADG brass 6 Creedmore

IF Lapua is available in the cartridge I am shooting, I go with it. There is a reason people compare everything else to Lapua brass. It is fantastic. So, I run Lapua SRP in my 6CM.

But, ADG is my very close second choice. I run several of my personal rifles with ADG brass. 25SST, 6.5SS, 6.5SS, .300RUM.
I have also used ADG brass in a lot of other rifles. Several different 28 Noslers, a few other .300RUMs, 7RM, 6.5SAUM, 6.5SS, 6SST, 6.5CM, 6CM.

anyone have experience or information on adg brass? is it any good compared to Hornaday or Lapua and does it make much difference to use small or large primers,I see Lapua has both sizes thanks for the info
I have been using the ADG 6.5 PRC brass for awhile now and can tell you it is great brass. It certainly is top notch compared to Hornady brass and on level with Lapua. Start with smaller powder charges like they recommend.

6.5 PRC adg brass. I didn't water weight test, did weigh a sample for fun even though it means absolutely nothing, but it was consistent. I skim necks to uniform thickness and found the adg was actually more consistent then my lapau brass. Everything about this lot of adg was top notch. Primer pockets, flash holes, length, neck thickness.... good stuff, I am fan now.

I have used ADG in my 6.5 CM and am very pleased with the product as received and it's performance. After several reloads, it's equal to Lapua brass. I'd like to get some it 338 LM but can't pull the "trigger" on the price. I would expect it to be every bit as good as my CM brass. I do agree that Hornaday brass does not last. After 4 reloads I ran into some loose primer pocletrs and one partial head seperation. I was disappointed and have trashed the rest of the brass.

I just received some ADG 300winmag brass. It's super nice, and will need little prep. I'd say easily right there with Lapua, but I haven't checked concentricity or weighed it yet. So far, I'm impressed.
I also purchased the ADG in 300 Win Mag. It is very consistent. I was using once fired Hornady brass which was not consistent.

I ran adg against Lapua in a 338 Lapua improved last summer. They both shot sub half moa groups, but after 4 firings the lapua had loose primer pockets. The adg was still tight. You can't go wrong with adg.

Curious if anyone can tell me the neck thickness of the ADG and Lapua 6mm Creed cases?

A sample of my new ADG 6CM cases had an average neck thickness of 0.0145". My Lapua cases are not 6CM.

Before I'd think about making any reamer changes, I'd get at least a couple more data points on thickness. Or call the manufacturers, as has been suggested.

anyone have experience or information on adg brass? is it any good compared to Hornaday or Lapua and does it make much difference to use small or large primers,I see Lapua has both sizes thanks for the info
I was given 10 pieces of ADG brass in 270 Win, I have another 10 pieces of Lapua, 10 pieces of Norma, 10 pieces of Nosler, and 10 pieces of Hornady.
they are all on their 20th firings: here is what I can tell you. I hunt and practice with all of this brass. I anneal after every third firing.
my best groups come from Lapua and Nosler
Norma and Hornady gave the best velocity
ADG brass was the easiest to resize.
Nosler was the most consistent through the chrono. not by much over Lapua and Norma.
ADG has been the one brass that has not grown much. 0.024" average over the whole experiment.
Hornady needed the most prep work and grew the most over the whole test.
overall the two rockstars have been Nosler and Lapua.
now for the personal opinion of each of the brass test groups:
ADG. nothing special.. over priced. (better than winchester, R-P, Privi, Federal and Bertram)
Hornady, the least expensive, most prep intensive, but solid brass.
Nosler, best choice for the money
Lapua, my favorite brass until Nosler started making brass. I still love this brass but it is still the second most expensive brass here.
I just put in an order for 300 pieces of Nosler brass for my 270 Win's.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts