ADG brass 6 Creedmore

hydehunter

anyone have experience or information on adg brass? is it any good compared to Hornaday or Lapua and does it make much difference to use small or large primers,I see Lapua has both sizes thanks for the info

I just picked up 100 adg 6 creedmore brass to try in my daughters rifle. Going to do barrel break in this weekend and then start load development with the once fired brass . Will let you know how it goes.

I've got four firings on 100 ADG 6 Creedmoor cases so far. Very pleased. I have experience with Lapua in 7mm-08 and would agree that ADG and Lapua are comparable. Both have consistent weights (~0.5 grain standard deviation from sample). Both have consistent neck thicknesses (~0.0005" standard deviation from sample).

I'm using LRP for my 6 Creedmoor loads, but don't have a great deal of input to offer on LRP vs. SRP other than those I look to for advice have favored LRP, so I started there.

I don't have any experience with reloading Hornady cases.

The best way I've heard the SRP vs LRP question was answered something like "cases smaller than .308 benefit accuracy wise from SRP and anything larger needs a LRP for proper ignition".

Primer pockets hold up better as well. I only know one Creedmoor shooter personally and he was very pleased when lapua came out with CM brass.

You won't be disappointed with ADG brass. It rivals lapua closely

Joe S.

ADG is top notch brass. I run it in my 6 cm after trying Hornady. Hornady fell apart after 3 reloads. ADG is still going strong after 5. There is no difference in accuracy using large or small primers. I use large since I don't have to change my primer back and forth.

Im using ADG (Gunwerks) in my .300 win. I used 2 pieces of brass for a torture test and they were still perfectly fine after 10 firings each. I stopped my testing there. I annealed after shots 5 ( I think, I'd have to go look) but I saw virtually no difference in velocity or feel before/after the annealing. On other stuff I've noticed getting wild ES, and quite a different feel when brass is due to be annealed. But this stuff felt and shot the same as firing number 2. ( I bought once fired)

Tagging in. I bought some 6mm creed adg to go with my new 6mm barrel. I had bought some in 6.5 creed and my first batch the pockets went in 3 firings to the point where I could seat the primer just about all the way with just my fingers. I was given a 2nd batch by adg and I havent shot them enough yet to see how they will do. I just rolled my 3rd firing

Curious if anyone can tell me the neck thickness of the ADG and Lapua 6mm Creed cases?

Looking at a custom rifle and wondering if I need to adjust the reamer a little bit for minimum sizing of good brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.