7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I agree, I saw it this morning. I put a bid in for it (it did not reach the reserve price) and was tempted to turn my Twins into Triplets! :D

Remington 700, Sendero 7 STW : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

gamehawker, you are killing me.:), triplets he says! Go for it Dude! hope all is well. just had a few minutes to get on line at my cousins house. I miss being on here everyday like i used to, but with all the house buying stuff going on, I am out of my norm for sure. well wishes to all, and somehow keep "Butterbean " straight, although I know thats asking a litle too much.:D

PS, there are a LOT of deer here this year, as the crops have faired well with all the rain. Ive seen some HEALTHY bucks around as well. take care my friend and neighbor. talk to you soon.

Glad you are doing well 7!!!! Did I tell you I hate moving!????!! After 30 some odd times, I wish I never do it again

Well cow
Elk was awesome but no kill!!! I had one at 60 yards and she turned away, I pulled back and my bow creaked... She heard it and ran!!! It was fun though.
Good times. Now it New Mexico to valles calderas for a bulk and Montana for a combo deer elk in November.
Hope y'all doing well

I had my new Magneto Speed out yesterday for the first time. I found that my 7stw was shooting slower than I thought.I have 80.0gr or RL25 behind a 140 BT with a Fed mag primer.I shot an average 3280, not what I was expecting.It should have closer to 3350.I shot my 264 Mag and a 22-250 and had good readings as expected with those, so a can't blame the crono.

I had my new Magneto Speed out yesterday for the first time. I found that my 7stw was shooting slower than I thought.I have 80.0gr or RL25 behind a 140 BT with a Fed mag primer.I shot an average 3280, not what I was expecting.It should have closer to 3350.I shot my 264 Mag and a 22-250 and had good readings as expected with those, so a can't blame the crono.
What kind of groups were you getting at 3280?

What kind of groups were you getting at 3280?
I'm getting under 1/2 inch at 100. I have not shot longer yet, due to lack of time.This is a Sendero with a 26 in barrel.It should do better I think.My 264 is a SF2 and excedes what the Nosler book says.This rifle has been a learning experience for me thus far.I've loaded for alot of guns, Imight not know as much as some, but I'm not a rookie.

I'm getting under 1/2 inch at 100. I have not shot longer yet, due to lack of time.This is a Sendero with a 26 in barrel.It should do better I think.My 264 is a SF2 and excedes what the Nosler book says.This rifle has been a learning experience for me thus far.I've loaded for alot of guns, Imight not know as much as some, but I'm not a rookie.
Under a Half @100 @ 3280,Here is what I would do ........Carve that load info in stone run a Ballistics table off of that load, Make a Dope Card and call it a done deal, Dont let the 70fps screw up an Accurate load,I've said it a hundred times, The critter your shootin at wont know the difference in the speed of the bullet

Under a Half @100 @ 3280,Here is what I would do ........Carve that load info in stone run a Ballistics table off of that load, Make a Dope Card and call it a done deal, Dont let the 70fps screw up an Accurate load,I've said it a hundred times, The critter your shootin at wont know the difference in the speed of the bullet
I believe you are right.Can't help wondering if something is wrong.Seems like others post here better results.I will use it like it is and it will be OK.

BUT,I do think Brux.Can't help it!!!:cool:

I think it's what we do.LOL

i believe you are right.can't help wondering if something is wrong.seems like others post here better results.i will use it like it is and it will be ok.

But,i do think brux.can't help it!!!:cool:

I think it's what we do.lol

always remember...( i live by this in my work)

the enemy of good is better!!!!!!!

I currently have two guns chambered for the greatest caliber on earth ! One was a browning a-bolt rechambered to 7stw in a McMillan stock wearing a vortex viper 6-24x50 with the timney trigger spring upgrade. The other is a mark v weatherby wearing a luepold fixed 12 power. The a bolt loves the 140gr barnes ttsx over 7828ssc powder with fed 215ggm primers. The weatherby loves the 140gr tsx over h1000 with fed 215 gmm primers also. The abolt out shoots the accumark with everything I've shot in it. Only the accumark is the only one that has a brake.

I currently have two guns chambered for the greatest caliber on earth ! One was a browning a-bolt rechambered to 7stw in a McMillan stock wearing a vortex viper 6-24x50 with the timney trigger spring upgrade. The other is a mark v weatherby wearing a luepold fixed 12 power. The a bolt loves the 140gr barnes ttsx over 7828ssc powder with fed 215ggm primers. The weatherby loves the 140gr tsx over h1000 with fed 215 gmm primers also. The abolt out shoots the accumark with everything I've shot in it. Only the accumark is the only one that has a brake.
The Barnes Bullets are awesome in the STW ....sounds like you have two great rigs

good morning Guys,

i have been to the range serveral time scence last posting tring to get her dialed in. with the 168 lrx i get a good group for the first 6 rounds then it falls apart as the barrels gets dirty.from about 5/8 in 3 shot group to over a 1.5 in group. after cleaning it will group the first 2 groups tight then it falls apart.

i found a box of the Nosler accubond long range in 150gr have shot presure groups to see if the rifle liked them. have come up with a 3 shot raged hole load but have about 50 bullets left to get use to this load for a Idaho limited entry Deer hunt in October.

has anyone seen any on a shelve?? i cannot find any on the internet or any shelves around here.