7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

How is your loading component situation coming? There are a few things that are at least starting to recover, and at least I've been able to get powders for the bigger stuff anyway. Primers seem to be the biggest deal. I have 3000 215 GM's on back order. I just ordered 100 , 140 grain CT's, for my 280' and STW. They were available. I have 150, Barnes 145 grain LRX bullets, and my gun shop has 100 more on the shelf.
????.
7, There were 4 Black Guns on the shelf yesterday when i went and picked up my new hammer.....The Brass and powder bins were still empty but with AR,s on the shelf maybe its gonna ease up some ......And I forgot to tell you I got the brake freed up on the RUM

Really guys, I don't come on lrh for the ****ing matches. I just unsubscribed to 700 threads and change the other day. I'm here to learn about the toys and help people out with what I know. If I'm not able to do that I'm outta here. I get enough kids games with my kids.

Why would you think that post is about you?

Why? B/c it's not hard to figure out through basic observation. Lee hasn't liked me since the whole Berger loading info incident. Known fact.

I don't dislike anyone. I like getting along, b/c we're all here for the same reason...We all own and love the 7mmSTW caliber. So there is no need for mockery or exclusion, in my opinion. I love all the info I've learned from yall. I just don't appreciate the mockery and inside jokes towards me.

Really guys, I don't come on lrh for the ****ing matches. I just unsubscribed to 700 threads and change the other day. I'm here to learn about the toys and help people out with what I know. If I'm not able to do that I'm outta here. I get enough kids games with my kids.

Thank you!

7, There were 4 Black Guns on the shelf yesterday when i went and picked up my new hammer.....The Brass and powder bins were still empty but with AR,s on the shelf maybe its gonna ease up some ......And I forgot to tell you I got the brake freed up on the RUM

It's hard to say, or what to make of it! The state of Connecticut just passed gun ban legislation, that is supposed to be stiffer then what is presently in play on the national scene. What all this means to the reloading supply issue, who knows. It's going to be one of those hills and valleys deals I think.
Those new hammers are awesome dude, enjoy the ride!!!! Good deal on the brake too!gun)

I found a used Sendereo in 7mm Stw. Now I'm in need of everything.I can pretty much find all but brass.I've checked all the sites I know of.Any good suggestions?

I did not see this post and just saw it.

Congrats!!!

You'll love your Sendero, I absolutely love mine. Do you know how many rounds have been shot through it before you bought it?

I have no idea who or where you can get brass for it.

Hopefully things will ease up and people will be less frantic so you'll find some soon.

[I've had some help with brass thanks to some good people in the hood.

I picked this up without planning. It was there and it was there.

I have to clear funds for optics and mounting, so I won't have a chance to shot it for awhile.'QUOTE=gamehawker;789742]I did not see this post and just saw it.

Congrats!!!

You'll love your Sendero, I absolutely love mine. Do you know how many rounds have been shot through it before you bought it?

Hopefully things will ease up and people will be less frantic so you'll find some soon.[/QUOTE]

I did not see this post and just saw it.

Congrats!!!

Hopefully things will ease up and people will be less frantic so you'll find some soon.

I'll second that emotion!:D Every Sendero, no matter what the caliber, has always shot exceptional, needing little if any work to get it there. Now, enter the 7STW into the arena, and it even shoots better. I simply never thought that any round with as much horsepower as the STW, could ever shoot as good as it does, EVEN in a Sendero. But it does, and with a lot of class too! these guns are keepers for **** sure!
As far as brass goes, I think fire forming is the best way to go at this point. I really want to get some Norma HH brass and work it out. I've been watching the gun shows recently. I'll find some !

I'll second that emotion!:D Every Sendero, no matter what the caliber, has always shot exceptional, needing little if any work to get it there. Now, enter the 7STW into the arena, and it even shoots better. I simply never thought that any round with as much horsepower as the STW, could ever shoot as good as it does, EVEN in a Sendero. But it does, and with a lot of class too! these guns are keepers for **** sure!
As far as brass goes, I think fire forming is the best way to go at this point. I really want to get some Norma HH brass and work it out. I've been watching the gun shows recently. I'll find some !

My local store might have some Nosler or Remington .375 H&H brass, if you want their info let me know.

So I realize this is for 7stw so I will start with that news.
My buddy just told me his brother is selling his stw. Don't you know I called him immediately. Hope it's a sendero. Now on to the picture

New savage 6.5x 284. First three shotS.... Using HSM ammo. No clue the powder but 140 gr Berger. Funny thing, and I mention it due to the wealth of knowledge here with all you guys, if I shot one cleaned with 8 patches or so and shot again, they came out like the picture. If I shot 3 in a row, 6-8 inch spread.
Interesting. I hope it's due to barrel break in but I guess I will have to see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
So I realize this is for 7stw so I will start with that news.
My buddy just told me his brother is selling his stw. Don't you know I called him immediately. Hope it's a sendero. Now on to the picture

New savage 6.5x 284. First three shotS.... Using HSM ammo. No clue the powder but 140 gr Berger. Funny thing, and I mention it due to the wealth of knowledge here with all you guys, if I shot one cleaned with 8 patches or so and shot again, they came out like the picture. If I shot 3 in a row, 6-8 inch spread.
Interesting. I hope it's due to barrel break in but I guess I will have to see
Just keep cleaning it like you are doing and it will come to you ......Nice shootin

Well here's the picture update so far for my build. And you all get your first shot of my one off HS stock (really looks just like their other tactical stocks but they don't offer this one for a long action Win 70.
20130404_194048.jpg

20130404_194104.jpg

Now here is another Win Mod 70 in 260 rem we did (personal gun). Its for some memebers that asked what the extended bolt handle on a Winchester looked like
20130404_194216.jpg

20130404_194229.jpg

20130404_194243.jpg

Well here's the picture update so far for my build. And you all get your first shot of my one off HS stock (really looks just like their other tactical stocks but they don't offer this one for a long action Win 70.
20130404_194048.jpg

20130404_194104.jpg

Now here is another Win Mod 70 in 260 rem we did (personal gun). Its for some memebers that asked what the extended bolt handle on a Winchester looked like
20130404_194216.jpg

20130404_194229.jpg

20130404_194243.jpg

Nice and Nice!!!

Ben, both of those two beauties are just that, and yours is really coming along. The one on the counter with the tiger stripes make me want to growl. That thing is " SEXY". You've got some great things going on there, and I'm sure you're getting anxious to see it ALL come together. Nice job on all accounts. Love the pix.:)

Recent Posts