7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

How may grains of rl-25 are you guys using? I am getting ready to try some out in my gun with 160 acccubonds?

Thanks

Looking back at my reloading and rifle range data, here is my reload data info and rifle range pics of the load:

Brass: Remington (once fired)
Primer: Fed 215
Powder: RL 25; 79 gr.
Bullet: Accubond 160
COL: 3.675
Montana Sendero
Average velocity: 3,150 fps
3 shot grouping: .48 MOA (100 yards)
Date: 11/5/12
Temp: 45 degrees

Powder: RL 25; 80 gr.
Montana Sendero
Average velocity: 3,211 fps
3 shot grouping: .47 MOA (100 yards)

Is that information detailed enough for you? :D

Attachments

• Montana RL25_79 160 AB.jpg
    Montana RL25_79 160 AB.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Montana RL_80 AB 160.jpg
    Montana RL_80 AB 160.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 7
Wow,

I just noticed it was a year ago today that this AWESOME thread was created!!!

Thanks to "The7mmSTW", the member that had the foresight to create this wonderful thread that has the most phenomenal collection of shared information to the people who own/shoot or aspire to own/shoot this incredible caliber!

This thread has over 2,900 posts in one year and I think it is a record on the LRH website. It just shows how popular and admired the 7mm STW caliber is today.

Long live the 7mm STW and congrats to the first anniversary of many to this thread! :cool:gun)

Wow,

Thanks to "The7mmSTW", the member that had the foresight to create this wonderful thread that has the most phenomenal collection of shared information to the people who own/shoot or aspire to own/shoot this incredible caliber!

This thread has over 2,900 posts in one year and I think it is a record on the LRH website. It just shows how popular and admired the 7mm STW caliber is today.

Long live the 7mm STW and congrats to the first anniversary of many to this thread! :cool:gun)
Ditto

Wow,

Hear, Hear, ditto, and what he said, and more importantly, WOW, almost 3000 replies, a ton of info, and a lot of formed friendships! Long live the the 7mm STW, thanks Layne! :)

Code:
Looking back at my reloading and rifle range data, here is my reload data info and rifle range pics of the load:

Montana Sendero

Montana Sendero

Game hawker, as expected, those groups are amazing, but not surprising, coming from those Senderos of yours. It seems like the lower charge load was the node, but I was impressed with the velocity increase, just from one grain, all else equal.

Montana Sendero

Montana Sendero

thanks it's appreciated

Just thought I'd give a heads up a remington 700 bdl ss dm deluxe just popped up on gun broker Dan

Yeah, I just went there and saw it, but I also saw the ADL, that was owned by Jim Carmichael, that they are asking $3500.00 for!
The pix on that DBM were nice! I love that embellished scroll work on those receivers.

Hey guys, on a totally different subject, has anyone tried the 168 Barnes LRX, in the STW? the reason I ask, is that I picked up a box of them a while ago, and wanted to see what they would do in my 7mag, 700P. Well, long story short, they keyholed at the target. It says right on the box, 1-9 or faster. I believe my 7mag is 1-9.5, or maybe 1-9.25. These bullets are very LOOONGG, and I'm not really surprised, but was just wondering if anyone had tried them, and what were the results. The twist rates are comparable, but sometimes the speed will have a affect on the twist rate, and rpm.

This is off any topic but since the combined experience at this forum is like 1,000,000 years, I thought a good place to ask!!! (Not saying anyone is OLD.....:D
So I have my STW being built on a winny model 70 that I will top with a NF 5x22x56. Also have a savage 6.5x284 that I will have a NF 5.5x22x50 on it. What rings and rail should I buy for each?I think the NF rings will be the key, but do I need a NF rail? I also do not think I need a 20 MOA rail as these 2 will not be the 1000 yarders.... that is for the Lapua....

Then, I have a weatherby 257 coming.. Need a scope and mount and all for that... Was thinking about a NF 3-15 from Bob Beck....in fact I am Darn near saying I'll take the scope..
So, please input would be appreciated...and experience...
I see a level built into a rail at:
http://xtremehardcoregear.com/tru_level_pic_rail.html

ANy thoughts??? Wonder if Len has any feedback on these or anyone else...
Like I said, interested in ya'lls experience...
Thanks

Mario

Recent Posts