7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I'm still scratching around;)
Good to hear. You have been missed around these parts. The Beast however is happy in it's new home and still getting the job done.

I've been shooting the Sharpshooter and .260's most of the season but I pulled her out and cleaned her up the other day so she can get some work in before it's over.

Good to hear. You have been missed around these parts. The Beast however is happy in it's new home and still getting the job done.

I've been shooting the Sharpshooter and .260's most of the season but I pulled her out and cleaned her up the other day so she can get some work in before it's over.
Glad to hear it Brother.... I hope all is well with you and yours....... I've been following you on another subject awhile back but I just kept my mouth shut as I seen you had it handled on the Lee FCD.....

Of all the STWs, i had, i wish I had kept the Sharpshooter. It had a touch of class to it, and now I'm sad to say thst the fellow I got it from has passed on to higher hunting grounds.
All of this brings back some awesome memories.

Still Kickn and Bean's Beast is happy in it's new home. It's still a killing machine!
I remember when he had that rifle, and if I remember correctly, I believe it was the demise of a few whitetail,that didn't know what hit them. You got a GOOD one. Those Winchesters are badass, to say the least.
Good to see you back around, if you talk to Beans give him our best.

I just realized you have the rifle thst Butterbean had. That was a beautiful rifle, and a shooter too! I have a soft spot for remmys, but I learned alot about Winchesters in the past few years, and they are no joke. Good luck, with the Beast!

I just realized you have the rifle thst Butterbean had. That was a beautiful rifle, and a shooter too! I have a soft spot for remmys, but I learned alot about Winchesters in the past few years, and they are no joke. Good luck, with the Beast!
I like it well enough that I honestly go out of my way to keep the mileage down on it.

I've got a stable full of M700's but at my heart I'm a Model 70/Mauser CRF, Claw extractor guy.

The nice thing about it is that there's enough meat on it I can probably set it back at least once if I ever shoot out the throat or start to see too much fire cracking beyond it.

My all time favorite rifle is the Winchester M70 Sharpshooter I have and "The Beast" is an awful close second. I like it well enough that I've bought two more M1999's since I got it.

Nope, it went to Brother Bean. If that is the same one, that is a gem. Love the stock, and the way it is bedded. And that Schneider barrel, is a work of art. They don't make them like that anymore. Cleans up quick
too! That's one I wish I had kept. But you know how it goes when you are trying to buy a house, ya gotta do, what you gotta do! If that is it, I'm glad you have it.

Nope, it went to Brother Bean. If that is the same one, that is a gem. Love the stock, and the way it is bedded. And that Schneider barrel, is a work of art. They don't make them like that anymore. Cleans up quick
too! That's one I wish I had kept. But you know how it goes when you are trying to buy a house, ya gotta do, what you gotta do! If that is it, I'm glad you have it.
Schneider I think probably still makes the best barrels out there but they run about twice what any of the other top end barrel makers are charging.

As crazy as it sounds I'm seriously considering having him make me a couple of more with the exact same specs as the Laredo and Sharpshooter just to have around when the time comes.

I talked with him a while back about a custom 30" with the same profile as the SS but slightly heavier for a LR .375 I'm considering building.

He hasn't changed a lick in 30 years.

Schneider I think probably still makes the best barrels out there but they run about twice what any of the other top end barrel makers are charging.

As crazy as it sounds I'm seriously considering having him make me a couple of more with the exact same specs as the Laredo and Sharpshooter just to have around when the time comes.

I talked with him a while back about a custom 30" with the same profile as the SS but slightly heavier for a LR .375 I'm considering building.

He hasn't changed a lick in 30 years.

I agree on the Schneider being the best, and also believe Brux is a close second. I know of a 6.5-284, that was built on a Schneider barrel, and it Still shoots fractional groups. That Sharpshooter, is truly a work of art, tip to butt!