7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

James, per Cabela's web site, they have some still in stock. This should be new Remington brass.

Midway has Nosler and Quality Cartridge brass available.

Reading all these talks about this round and how great it is.... I want one!!! How do yall recommend I get my hands on one??? Where do I start? Of course, I would have to get dies for it and brass but I would appreciate a starting point.....
Thanks
Mario

Reading all these talks about this round and how great it is.... I want one!!! How do yall recommend I get my hands on one??? Where do I start? Of course, I would have to get dies for it and brass but I would appreciate a starting point.....
Thanks
Mario

i bought mine offline in rem 700 sps ($565). took my action to my gunsmith and he trued it an bluprinted, new barrel, new stock, new scope.
that is the way i went.

Thanks
Mario

I hit the lottery when I found mine in a local gun shop. They told me it was a trade and were wanting to dump it. Mine is a 1968 Remington 700 BDL that was built in the late 80's to early 90's. It was in it's original stock, but has over $1000 of work done to it. They didn't know what they had. I picked it up for $350 This included the scope it came with and a new Harris Bi-pod.

I put it into a used H-S Precision stock and replaced the origional bottom metal and screws. So far only $600 into it. Then replaced the rings and bases and the scope that came with it. It is a great rifle. My only complaint is that I have no idea who built it and I don't know what make of barrel it has.

I posted these photos in the early pages of this thread, so some have seen them.

This is what it looked like before:

Dans guns II 006.jpg

This is what it looks like now:

7 STW 4.JPG

I love this rifle.

If you can find one on Gun Broker or silimar site you'd be lucky. If you can't find one it's worth building one for sure. It's an awesome cartridge. Any gunsmith worth his salt will have a STW reamer. They were extremely popular and still have quite a following as you can tell.

Dan

Thanks
Mario
There are several on Gun Broker right now. Please buy them before I talk myself into another one.

The STW may not be the best at everything but if you want to shoot laser beams at 1,000yds they come awfully close.

Yeah, I saw them. Range from 565 to 3200 bucks.
Also toy around with the thought of taking my huskavarna imperial 7mm and make it an stw. Just gotta find someone to do the work.

7STW I have seen some of your load data and velocity reportings with the 145lrx and I was wondering what barrel manufactor and barrel length are you shooting them pills through ?

The custom rifle I built, actually has a factory Sendero barrel, that was hardly fired when I bought it. The other one, is a Schneider 26 in. The Sendero barrel is also 26.

Thanks
Mario

There is a nice looking Remmington on Auction Arms listed at $750

Marioq - I also have a very nice Sako M995 TRG-S for sale, in our caliber, of course. PM me if you would like the info on it.

What velocity should I be looking for with the 180 VLD and the 168 in the 7 STW? I am getting about 3080 fps with the 180 with 75 grains of Rl 25

What velocity should I be looking for with the 180 VLD and the 168 in the 7 STW? I am getting about 3080 fps with the 180 with 75 grains of Rl 25
168's will do about 3150 in most 26" barrels. 75 grains rl25 is it for 171's in my pipe, I did go to 78rl25 but it was too much and blew the group. I wouldn't go more than a grain or two up from your 180 load with 168's.