7mm PRC

Every time a new round comes out and starts to get popular you have a bunch of people who come out of the wood work claiming we don't need that, it's all hype and marketing etc.
These are the same people that only shoot 308s, 30-06s, and 300 WM, maybe sprinkle in a 30-30 and 270 for fun. Lol

Every time a new round comes out and starts to get popular you have a bunch of people who come out of the wood work claiming we don't need that, it's all hype and marketing etc.
Agreed...I've followed the 7mmPRC since it's announcement and just rebarreled one of my .300WMs to 7mmPRC. In that time, I've never heard anyone "in the know" say that the 7mmPRC is comparable to a 7STW. 7mm RM, 7 SAUM, 7 WSM yes...but not the 7STW (or .28 Nosler). Case capacity alone makes those two another class of cartridge.

I've put close to 500 shots through a 7PRC, no it isn't a mythical machine.
It seems efficient with 180 class bullets.
Havent tried others below or above those weights
Im not a fan boy didn't have any ridiculous expectations, and 3000fps is pretty dang effective…but I'd be leery of any data without testing. Especially published velocities

What bullet and who is claiming 3200fps out of a 7prc?

I'm only aware of 6 factory loads so far for the PRC.

Federal 175 ELDX @3000
Federal 155 TA @3100
Federal 170 TA @????
Hornady 160 CX @3000
Hornady 175 ELDX @3000
Hornady 180 ELDM @2975
there's all kinds of articles about the prc and capabilities however I watched Randy Selby that answered my question better than anyone's only wished I watched it before this post I invite anyone to to his YouTube vid and watch

there's all kinds of articles about the prc and capabilities however I watched Randy Selby that answered my question better than anyone's only wished I watched it before this post I invite anyone to to his YouTube vid and watch
I don't need anyone to explain things for me. I like to look at the data and make my own opinions. The prc is a modern 7 mag. Thats about it. I have a 7 mag but I may build a short 7 prc for suppressor use.

Agreed...I've followed the 7mmPRC since it's announcement and just rebarreled one of my .300WMs to 7mmPRC. In that time, I've never heard anyone "in the know" say that the 7mmPRC is comparable to a 7STW. 7mm RM, 7 SAUM, 7 WSM yes...but not the 7STW (or .28 Nosler). Case capacity alone makes those two another class of cartridge.
I agree with what u say however I have read those claims of the prc reaching 3200 fps with 180 gr berger etc it's why I simply stated real world info

I've watched one of his videos about the 7PRC. He hates it because it wasn't based on the 300PRC case unless he has changed his tune. It sounds like anything you've read is as much hype as anything I've seen stated on forums. 99% of people that I've read posts from on the 7PRC with factory ammo is they generally aren't getting factory stated velocities and there have been several signs of the Hornady loads being over pressure in some rifles.

The 7PRC is Hornady's answer to people wanting high BC bullets in a 7mag.

7PRC is to the 7RemMag as the 6.5CM is to the 260Rem or the 6CM is to the 243Win. There is no magic there. It's marketing to sell more ammo and more rifles because so many like the idea of taking advantage of the higher BC bullets for better down range performance. For many that think they need that AND are NOT reloaders, their option is to buy the new rifle and new round.

If a consumer wants to shoot 7mm 175 ELDX out of a factory box of ammo, it's not going to be anything but a 7PRC. That's it's magic.

If one wants to rebarrel a 7RemMag to a faster twist, then there are options such as unknownmunitions as well as others that will load the 7RemMag with high BC bullets for a price.

Does anyone have real world info and not hype unless Im missing something I cant see this cartridge doing more than 7mm rem ,7mm wsm,7mm stw and so on using 175 gr nosler partition just curious
🤣🤣hahaha this should be good 🤣

They all do it in a different way !!
The PRC was not designed to shoot a nosler partition even though it would probably do it okay.
The fact that the OP completely ignores the fact stated in the first response is interesting. The 7PRC wasn't designed to shoot a Nosler Partition.

I have a 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm Weatherby Mag, and a 28 Nosler. I am having a 7mm PRC built as well.

I like the performance of 160 grain bullets out of the older 7mm cartridges, but I was interested in trying the heavier 175 grain bullets out of the 7mm PRC that the others wouldn't stabilize.

I like the performance of 180 grain bullets out of .30 cal magnums, so I think the 175s out of a 7mm magnum should strike a balance and hit a sweet spot. Simple as that…

I have a 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm Weatherby Mag, and a 28 Nosler. I am having a 7mm PRC built as well.

I like the performance of 160 grain bullets out of the older 7mm cartridges, but I was interested in trying the heavier 175 grain bullets out of the 7mm PRC that the others wouldn't stabilize.

I like the performance of 180 grain bullets out of .30 cal magnums, so I think the 175s out of a 7mm magnum should strike a balance and hit a sweet spot. Simple as that…
I bought a light 7mm PRC to specifically replace my heavy 340 Wby for elk hunting. I have no 7mms in my lineup anyway. The cartridge design maximizes shorter barrel efficiency, and its ability to shoot heavies, met my specific purpose for a mid-range (out to 700 yards) purpose.