7mm-08 the forgotten 6.5 Creed Killer?

I got mine from Palmetto State Armory.
It appears that with so much craze in the CM coolaid, the only thing I can find is a barrel from a couple of places, I would have to build it myself. I will wait untill things return to somekind of normal...
But I bet it would be so much fun in an AR platform!

Quick question from the uninform, me! Could I get an upper for my AR-10 and shoot 7-08? That might be fun!
The answer to that is a resounding YES. Remington made them for a while in ther R-25 Rifle series along with .243 and .308. I am fairly certain there are some manufacturers making uppers in both of those cartridges currently too.

I'm impressed with my A-Bolt 7-08. Light recoil and accuracy with 43gr/Varget and 120-NBT. .570" @ 100 yards.
B5FD16CB-4FE6-4B05-859F-2358A3C69207.jpeg

The answer to that is a resounding YES. Remington made them for a while in ther R-25 Rifle series along with .243 and .308. I am fairly certain there are some manufacturers making uppers in both of those cartridges currently too.

Palmetto does not even list it as an option right now
Wilson, @over $3200 a little rich for my pocket
I do appreciate your help! Thanks
Also, I did not mean to highjack the thread....

Killed my first buck Nov 22 -1963 with the 6.5x55 -1-7.5 twist 16 in carbine 139 gr Norma it took a long time too catch on in the form of a Creed remember what happened on that day?
Guess I'm the only other old codger on this thread, so yes, I know full well what that day was. Easy, but sad way to remember your first buck.

A lot of folks where I am from love the 7'08, but it's mostly the older crowd. I like the 6.5 creed, but believe the 7'08 is easily on par with it.

I don't think the four 7mm-08's at my house would let a Creedmoor in the safe. The 7mm-08 has accounted for 4 kid's first deer and it's what my wife shoots.
Quick question from the uninform, me! Could I get an upper for my AR-10 and shoot 7-08? That might be fun!
I have a Remington R-25 in 7mm-08. It's a good shooter.

Last edited:
SO, Horndy made a target bullet and then tried to morph it into a hunting bullet...with mixed success. Never heard a bad word about the 7mm-08 performance. 40% less powder for 9% less performance than the 7mm Rem Mag. Did the 7mm-08 get skipped over? Is the 7mm-08 the adult version of the 6.5 creed millennial offering?
I have a 25-06 and 7-08 and never found the need to fill in the gap with a 6.5.

It appears that with so much craze in the CM coolaid, the only thing I can find is a barrel from a couple of places, I would have to build it myself. I will wait untill things return to somekind of normal...
But I bet it would be so much fun in an AR platform!
It's pretty easy to assemble a upper. Actually, very easy and rewarding as well.

I had a Model 700 BDL from the Remington Custom Shop in 7mm-08 AI. 24" barrel with a Zeiss scope. Best shooting hunting rifle I have ever owned. I was fire forming brass one day and someone had left some playing cards on the 200 yard boards. I remember hitting diamonds on every shot. I can kick myself for letting that rifle go. We live and we learn.

The 7mm-08 will surprise you as, a serious, Elk or, Moose, Cartridge using, the 168 grain, H-VLD Berger's, W/ a near Max load of, StaBall !
My son is getting, 2,765 FPS out of his 22.4" Tikka with, this Load and at around 400 yards or so, IT, "catches up" to my .270 WSM for, Killing Power,.. WHO,.. KNEW ??
Yes, he has to "Dial" a few more Clicks on his Scope than, I do but, I was thoroughly impressed when, we shot, L R Steel Targets, together !
The recoil, is pretty stout, in his 7.5 Pound Rifle but, it's an, AMAZING, Hard hitting, Round with, THIS Load !
Plug 2,765 FPS and this Bullet ( .618 G-1 BC ), into Berger's "Calculator" to be, IMPRESSED with, the 500, 600, and 700 Yard Velocities and the "Retained, Energy" at, 5,500 ft. Elev. where we Hunt Elk. He shot, a Nice 5x6 Bull at 247 yards with, a 150 grain Horn ELD-X Bullet but, was NOT impressed with it's performance on that, Elk ( it took, a "Follow up" shot ) so he wanted, a New, more "Explosive" and heavier, Bullet.
I'd NEVER feel, under gunned with, the 7mm-08 IF, loaded,.. properly.
100% My dad uses the same combo. 168 VLD with a heavy dose of Staball. It's been fantastic