7mm-08 the forgotten 6.5 Creed Killer?

Well I can't say that I live by what I am going to say because I have in the past, replied to other member's post when I should have just put them on my ignore list.
A very good member on LRH put this on his signature and if we all follow it there would not be these long protracted negative posts that take up space when we could be discussing Hunting, Shooting, Reloading, and other things like good Bourbons or a Pilsner @ 39 degrees. Also how to hide a new rifle from you wife or husband.
Now when I have a negative response or see negative posts from other members click right away on the "Ignore".

Remember.....Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A truer statement couldn't be said. Our friend and a King among Princes - "ButterBean"
I agree, for the most part. But I am willing to admit that communication between humans is imperfect, at best. So the guy that I think is stupid may not be stupid. Lots of people know a concept but fail in explaining it to another. This is often complicated by arrogance from one party or the other, and-- like you mentioned-- I catch myself as a guilty party in this all too often.

I agree, for the most part. But I am willing to admit that communication between humans is imperfect, at best. So the guy that I think is stupid may not be stupid. Lots of people know a concept but fail in explaining it to another. This is often complicated by arrogance from one party or the other, and-- like you mentioned-- I catch myself as a guilty party in this all too often.
Conversation and discussion is a GREAT way to get different ideas, thoughts, and perspectives. If we didn't have that in the world and especially on LRH how would we learn possibly better ways to do things. We all know that "us" shooters, hunters, reloaders have the best way of doing anything (100 different ways).
That is what is good on this Forum - we have a lot of good ideas and could choose the best to fit you. Debate is also good to challenge a process/idea. Brings out new ways to do things. Innovation!
Healthy discussion is good-NEGITIVE discussions not good. Sometimes members get ahead of their skies in a discussion and then the next thing they are BANNED.
Sometimes it is better to sit back and listen to someone and not respond or just move on and Ignore them. Better than making a fool of yourself and getting banned.
I could never win an argument with a stupid person. They are way better at it than me.
Hey be safe, be respectful, be kind, be helpful, and Pay It Forward!
Len & Jill

Don't have one, never did, Seen a friend with his lead the pack of factory class competitors. Gonna try one when Creed wears out.

I like my 6.5 CM bit also like the 7-08. I have both. My 6.5 is a Bergara HMR that will shoot the gnats off a fly's butt at 200 yards. All I use it for is shooting paper and sterl but I'm pretty sure any deer I shot with it would wreck his day. That being said, when i head out to the deer woods, if I'm not toting a black powder rifle, I almost always grab my Browning Micro Hunter 7-08. Its light and deadly.

I have not jumped onto the 6.5CM bandwagon, but if I were just starting out I probably would. The 7-08 has my respect as a hunting cartridge, but how is the ammo availability situation? I am curious as I have not seen much factory ammo lately, but I was not specifically looking for 7-08. I am in the same situation with my .260 Remington as well, but I do reload for for it and a good supply of new cases if needed.

I have not jumped onto the 6.5CM bandwagon, but if I were just starting out I probably would. The 7-08 has my respect as a hunting cartridge, but how is the ammo availability situation? I am curious as I have not seen much factory ammo lately, but I was not specifically looking for 7-08. I am in the same situation with my .260 Remington as well, but I do reload for for it and a good supply of new cases if needed.
You best bet is to handload both the .260 and 7mm08. Plenty of options.
Trying to get factory loads are really limited.

I have been buying up .260 factory ammo when I come across if the stuff appears to be in good condition and the price is fair enough. Most seem eager to be rid of it. Good to have it on hand, but I agree that reloading is the best solution.

And when they are available, the availability of premium bullets on thise factory loads are pretty limited.

You'll only find ammo with 120gr, 139gr and 140gr bullets. Only one load with a heavier bullet and that's the 150gr ELD-X I believe.

When reloading the bullet options are endless.