755yd antelope vs berger 180 hybrid

orkan

Had a great speed goat hunt this past weekend. Found a nice high spot and put eyes on about 40+ antelope in one 6 sq. mile area. 3 separate groups, with a few single satellite bucks roaming about. Saw one nice one out by himself, so we set out to close the distance a bit. Along the way, we encountered another nice buck. I decided to take him instead.

TS Customs 7LRM put him down like a lightning strike at 755yds. Video will be ready when I get over this massive cold I came down with the night after I shot this critter. There are bigger antelope walking around somewhere, but there were none bigger seen by us the entire trip.

hW69TkXh.jpg

Entrance
pfqPednh.jpg

Exit
WGcJN9Th.jpg

180 Hybrid hit the heavy part of the far side shoulder blade. Pencil entrance behind the close shoulder.

DLaVOyrh.jpg

Congrats on the nice buck.

Also, I think this answers the mystery about how well the 180 Hybrids perform on game, even at long range. I have been wondering for several years now. This is good info to know.

Congratulations on a nice buck and an awesome shot.
Those Berger bullets will sure do a number on game. As far as I'm concerned, they can't be beat.

Tex

Sweet, congrats! (Love your Desert Tech BTW). Whereabouts were you hunting? I just got back last night from the newcastle area. I love it out there.

I was out near Buffalo. Antelope are so easy to hunt/shoot... but hunting out there is just so much fun. I take every excuse I can get. :)

Oh nice, we actually hunt near wright so not too far away. Its been 12 years since I've last been out there, do I'm hoping to draw tags a little more regularly going forward.

Tangent scope? I can't quite tell from the photo on my phone.
Of course. :) That's a TT525P GenIIXR.

I've been running Tangent Theta's since before they arrived on the marketplace. Simply nothing better! We always keep them in stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.