ANYONE TRY Berger 190 Hybrids VS 180 VLD H 7mm (REM MAG)

AZlongrangehunting

the reason for this post is obviously i like everyone else can not find any Berger 180 VLD hunting or hybrids
i have a Krieger barrel freshly cut chambered and threaded for just a project savage its been cut to 24" to run an 8" suppressor and is a 1:8 twist i know this is somewhat less relevant but it is fluted and is a custom taper starting off fairly stout and tapering down for weight and carrying in any back country
the reamer is a custom reamer specifically for 7mm Remington magnum with Berger 180vld bullets (not my reamer but my smiths who has the specs on it)
im assuming my throat is going to be a tad short for the 190s (unsure/doubtful if the 190 ogive will allow me any freedom over the old 180 VLD long secant)

anyone have any history running these any luck just curious any feedback would be helpful for me before wasting any time on them
ive seen just a few threads of people loving them and maybe one saying no or they are finicky and they seem to be the only 7mm in plenty that is available in 100 and 500 rnd boxes

hybrid or hunting seems to be a separate debate whether or not they are proper for large game as i intend to use these for elk and any other game i wish
ive seen heard and am not opposed to a hybrid or hunting vld at all currently i only have about 600 nosler 175 accubonds and 200 168VLD huntings which would suffice and properly load up imo with my specific chamber

any conversation on this would be appreciated thank you

if anyone cares:
the load i plan on starting with will be virgin Norma brass
federal G215M primers
H1000
and just run the books on starting loads most likely
i have any tools or reloading equipment i would need to fine tune any brass or loads etc

Last edited: