755yd antelope vs berger 180 hybrid

Nice goat! I also recently shot an antelope with my 7mm rem mag & 180 hybrid at about the same range, first animal down with this rifle built too. Looked over about 60 antelope in 4 different groups and settled on this one. The first shot was 675 and slightly quartering towards me with the pencil hole entrance in front of the on-side shoulder and the exit also just in front of the shoulder. He was very sick and moved about 60 yards and just stood there, so I put a second one in him at 735 yards right through both shoulder blades, he hit the ground like a pancake on the impact.

Surprisingly the first shot didn't drop him, it was very close to the spine on entrance but I think just didn't open fast enough to shock the spine. Second shot did ruin some meat on the shoulder but not nearly as bad as the pics make it look. I think this bullet is a little stout for antelope, which is exactly why I chose it for my deer & elk load. I will be shooting goats with the 6.5x284 in the future but wanted to try the new 7mm & Huskemaw scope out on an animal finally. Really liking the scope so far, put one on the 6.5 as well so should have some good feedback in a year or so about how they handle abuse.

Oh, and I had the entire shot at 735 yards on video with my phone scope, but my phone ran out of storage and stopped recording about 3 seconds before the shot!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4771.JPG
    IMG_4771.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 73
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 93
I would like to see the wound channel before it hit the shoulder blade - FIRST KILL. Did it disrupt / fragment before it hit the shoulder blade or only after it hit it?

NICE SHOT!!

Here's the wound behind the shoulder as you requested. The wound channel was seemingly opened up significantly before it hit the shoulder as well.

I did a gutless quartering on this one, so I have no pic of inside the chest.

HfYrVJzh.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.