7 WSM Winchester brass?

6mm

I want to build a 7 WSM and was wondering if the Winchester brass is any good. I know a few years ago I wasn't impressed, but I'm hopeful they've improved it. Thanks

I like the Norma brass much better than Winchester, less waste. I like to weigh my brass and sort them into 0.6 grain batches. 2 batches and 6 useless out of 100 with Norma brass. Much worse with the other.

I f I couldn't find 7mm WSM brass I would neck size 300 WSM brass or 270 WSM.
Last year I bought 50 Win.300 WSM and neck sized them into 270 WSM in a single pass. Unfortunately they went into 4 batches. But that's why I like Norma.

Al

JM .02

I have had zero problem with the 100 hundred pieces that I have prepped and shot in my new rifle. I have turned all the necks, deburred the flash holes and so on.

Unless you are a benchrest shooter, save the cash and give the Winchester a try. I use RP in all my rifles except the 300 WSM in which I use Win. No problems to date and rifle will shoot clover leafs at 100 yards if I do my part.

I'm shooting F class with mine, and so far its ok. Not as consistent as Lapua brass, but I'm just about to toss my first 20 pieces after 4 or 5 reloads.

I am going to order some Norma 270 to neck up or 300 to neck down just to give the Norma a try, but I haven't been unhappy with the Winchester.

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.