7 saum complete

KDH308

Just completed 7 saum build Lone Peak Fuzion med action , Hawkins BDL bottom metal with Wyatt box and follower, 26 inch Brux 1-8 twist #3 contour, AG Composites Visigoth in Erosion Rogue Carbon and a Trigger Tech trigger. Cobalt green Cerakote. Wearing a V-4 Zeiss for now. I have several powders to try behind 175 ELD-X.
20231005_185103.jpg

I just did one recently on a REM 722 action I trued and extended magazine opening for added COL. AG Composites stock (the best). I did mine with a Hawkins Precision hunter mag with the extended COL. I can do around 2.96" COL in it. I opted for a 24" Carbon Six barrel. I am about to try 160 CX bullets but can't seem to find a good starting charge for H1000. I started a thread a while back but no one replied. Anyway, I am sure it will be a great big game rifle. I am taking mine to Montana in 3 weeks. Good luck to you.

I can reach out to 3.200 col with my magazine box, if I remember correctly but I am right around 3.080 with my first rounds, hopefully get some barrel break in rounds down range this weekend weather permitting

Nice. I didn't plan on shooting anything over a 175 ABLR so I was ok with only getting 2.96" COL. Keep us posted on performance, loads, etc. H1000 has been my go to for a lot of mag cartridges, 6.5 PRC, 6.8 Western, 7 REM MAG. I have also had good luck with Magpro, especially with velocity, but accuracy has been better with H1000. I have never laid eyes on R26, but I always here it is the magic pixie dust for most mag cartridges.