7 saum loads

tomhook

Hi all, new on this forum thought it would be pretty cool.
Finishing a new build right now in 7saum. Wondering if anyone had a good starting load to work up to?
Shooting Berger 180gr hunting vld and waiting on 19 lists for adg brass🤞🏻
Thanks for any info,
Tom

Don't overlook h4350 either. I know it's a bit faster burning but a lot of guy's experience best accuracy with it. It's what mine likes with 180 hybrids and eldm's. It's not the fastest but speed isn't what I'm after.

Hi all, new on this forum thought it would be pretty cool.
Finishing a new build right now in 7saum. Wondering if anyone had a good starting load to work up to?
Shooting Berger 180gr hunting vld and waiting on 19 lists for adg brass🤞🏻
Thanks for any info,
Tom
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy. Contact Berger's Tech Support Team for their recommendation.

Thanks all for the feedback. Will let you know how it turns out. So far only loading for a 300 win mag which I've had for years so it might be a bit of a process to tune this load.

I have two 7 saum's. One on a short action and the other on a long. The short action I run rl 23 behind a 162 eld and the long I run h1000 behind a Berger 180 hybrid.

I have a Zermatt Origin that is currently setup as a PRS rifle (heavy af), but I'm thinking of buying an extra CF barrel and stock to swap out and use for hunting. The Origin will take up to 2.96 COAL from an AI mag. how limited will I be with a short action at that length in 7 saum? Been considering that and a 300WSM.

I have a Zermatt Origin that is currently setup as a PRS rifle (heavy af), but I'm thinking of buying an extra CF barrel and stock to swap out and use for hunting. The Origin will take up to 2.96 COAL from an AI mag. how limited will I be with a short action at that length in 7 saum? Been considering that and a 300WSM.
My loads are 2.968 oal at 10 off the lands

Another rookie question but what primers are you guys using behind h1000? Plan on seating off the lands and working COAL from there.

This is exactly what I have only mines a long action. I've got a chassis and a ultralight carbon stock. Also have a 300 prc steel barrel. Still heavy for a hunting rifle compared to some others I have but it shoot so good.

I have a Zermatt Origin that is currently setup as a PRS rifle (heavy af), but I'm thinking of buying an extra CF barrel and stock to swap out and use for hunting. The Origin will take up to 2.96 COAL from an AI mag. how limited will I be with a short action at that length in 7 saum? Been considering that and a 300WSM

As long as you aren't trying to run super long bullets you should be fine. I'm running a tl3 and a proof CF prefit, so pretty much exactly what your wanting to use. I am probably gonna stick with the eld-m in the 160s or the berger hunters at 175 I believe they are. I'm using AICS without the front binder plates.

I've also been doing a lot of reading this past year about not needing to be close to the lands and having a decent jump. I've adopted that philosophy especially, for 7 saum in a SA.