7 saum complete

I have a very similar build on a lone peak with a 26" proof carbon barrel. Settled on rl26 powder behind the 175 bergers. Gave me 2940fps with good es and accuracy.

59.74 gn rl26 and 3.100 col…. As always start low and work up. I've been shooting the load for about three years now and have had no pressure issues.
Stifle, do you just have a big stash of R26 you are pulling from? I have never seen R26 in stock anywhere in several years. If you have a source I would be interested in knowing. Thanks.

Stifle, do you just have a big stash of R26 you are pulling from? I have never seen R26 in stock anywhere in several years. If you have a source I would be interested in knowing. Thanks.
wow, I wish…. I have a couple pounds left then I'm at the mercy of the secondary market like everybody else. Where it is primarily my go to hunting round, I don't burn through that much powder fortunately.

After barrel break in and some load development with powders I have readily on hand , if I can't find the velocity I would like I will dip into the stash. My 6.5 saum also likes rl 26 but I use h1000.

I got 8# from Midway back in may of this year and passed on it back in August from PV. Sign up on Shooting Bot and you can set notifications.

I have a very similar build on a lone peak with a 26" proof carbon barrel. Settled on rl26 powder behind the 175 bergers. Gave me 2940fps with good es and accuracy.
I use the same combo in my 7 saum with 24" bbl and I get 2955 fps with 61.5 gr and it shoots like crazy.

I used to run 26 in my saums and had excellent velocities and accuracy..have since switch to 23 as its just more temp stable. Had some wild swings in extreme heat and extreme cold. Including velocity increases in cold which was weird. But with alliants new pricing I'll likely be going h1000 or 4831sc or even 4350 in the future. I'm down to about 4-5lbs of 23, although I do still have like 22lbs of rl26 😬