18” 7 saum

yes, the extra barrel is an identical factory barrel to what is on the gun now.
Okay, just make sure you check the headspace before you shoot it because it's likely going to be off. I think a 20" 300 saum would be good and I don't think the muzzle blast would be anything too crazy. I had a 22" 7 rem mag and the blast wasn't too noticeable.

I've just been playing with H1000 and H4831 in my new 20" 7SAUM. Testing 168 VLD, 180 Hybrid & 190 A-TIPs. Need to get my hands on some 162 and 180 ELDM to compare and contrast. The H1000 is consistently giving almost 100fps better velocities over the H4831SC with hot loads. Interestingly, the 180 Hybrid and 190 A-TIP give almost identical velocities with the same powder charge. Must be a function of increased mass and decreased bearing surface offsetting each other. Can't wait to get it dialed!

Alright so my 18" barrel has turned into a 22" barrel at this point. It's kinda complicated but this is kinda the way it's ending up and I'm actually good with a 22". It should push the max effective range of my rifle another 100 yards or a touch more. Im expecting 2850 with 180's. I'll be happy with that. Now I just gotta wait for the darn barrel.

I ordered a 20 inch for my 7 saum and they shipped a 21.

Yes it's a necro thread so hopefully Joe has received his barrel and has baptized it at the range and while hunting. But...

Is the blank length 21" or is it the finished crowned length of 21"? One inch isn't going to make a significant difference except for what you ordered.

:)

Alright so my 18" barrel has turned into a 22" barrel at this point. It's kinda complicated but this is kinda the way it's ending up and I'm actually good with a 22". It should push the max effective range of my rifle another 100 yards or a touch more. Im expecting 2850 with 180's. I'll be happy with that. Now I just gotta wait for the darn barrel.
Ended up actually being a 24" barrel. It's a bartlien m24 carbon with their proprietary steel. It's slow! Shoots 180's around 2750. 2800 and we're in pressure. It's boring.

Accuracy?
It's stupid accurate. Several 5 shot groups in the .2's. I could use a different powder and squeeze another 100 fps roughly but it just shoots so tight with h4350. It's a nice cartridge. I took a deer at 250 yards and a bear at 450 with it in '22. This past season I used a 20" 300prc. That things a bit to handle haha.

Ended up actually being a 24" barrel. It's a bartlien m24 carbon with their proprietary steel. It's slow! Shoots 180's around 2750. 2800 and we're in pressure. It's boring.
I got the same barrel in a 18" and it shots 180vlds at 2,630. With N565. I've tried several powders best I can do before I start to get pressure signs. Crazy accurate did a ladder yesterday and shot 16 rounds in a one inch hole